You can type here any text you want

Using Gen 2 to trigger a shift light?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I am trying to use the Gen2 to trigger my shift light but I seem to be having some problems. No going to lie I haven't really looked into it much just was looking to know if someone has done it and had it work.

I have the brown wire hooked up to the shift light and grounded the other side. Also on that connector is a pink wire for aux in which I don't have hooked up to anything.

It asks for min aux in and max aux out, min rpm, max rpm,min tps, max tps.

I have them all set to 0-than the max set to 5v so I can try to get it to trigger but it doesn't seem to turn on the shift light.

Any input?

the brown wire in the 4 pin connector is the window switch output.

set the aux min to 0, the aux max to 5
set the TPS min to 0, the TPS max to 5
set your RPM min to your desired shiftlight RPM, set the max somewhat above redline
set your delay to 0.

TurboBob

I have the gen 2 set the way you have told me to set it. I backprobed the brown wire and I am getting no voltage out of it at the desired rpm?

I don't have the purple wire hooked up (don't think I need to)

And the other weird thing is that when I first goto the window switch setup feature I get a couple of different options than once I scroll by them they disapear from the list. I think one was SG (something) There is like 3-4 extra than they are gone once you go by.

Same thing when I start the car up it goes to map source and once I go by that point on the Configure setup, it is gone from the list as well?

To me it seems like the Translator is doing some weird things. After I reset the Gen2 the other problems went away (the +- 63% fuel thing)

Thanks Brandon!

there must be a bug in the software, those other setting modes are left over from the early Translator Pro software that was re-written to become the Gen-2 stuff..... I will look into it.

Try connecting the purple wire to a voltage source. Perhaps the gray wire?

Bob

TurboBob

It started to do it again last night where everytime I shut the car off it erased my settings. I want to flash the unit again and than do another hard reset and see I can get this thing to work proper. Which is the exact file I need to load on to the GEN2 translator. I noticed it has the pro software listed in the file you download. Do I just pick one of the files than?

It did it to me when I was at the track and good thing I looked at it before I did the pass or I would probably left coolant @ 1/8th

Thanks Brandon!

send me a PM with your email address, and I will send you the file

Back