You can type here any text you want

Using N20 feature as trigger

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quickstrike

Using N20 feature as trigger(FAST)

I use an electric motor in the fender well as a vucuum pump for crankcase pressure. I wire in a standard 30amp relay to activate it. Currently it gets activated when the key is turned on, but this is driving me crazy listening to if I just need power on the car for a few moments.

I would like to use the (pink wire I think) of the harness that normally would throw a ground for a nitrous solenoid. Only problem is after looking at the nitrous setup, I am afraid the ECU will attempt to command a new target A/F ratio when activated.

Target A/F when idling for me would be around 14-1 and I dont want it trying to change that value.

does this work, or is there a way around this?

Randy

It doesnt say the instructions, if the A/F commanded number is only when Dry is used or wet or both. I hate to go to the trouble of wiring it all up this way only to find out it is going to do that to me. I guess I could have it activate at around 1500 or so rpm, that way my A/f ratio is 12.0 throughout the table anyway. I could have it command it to this value. That way nothing would really change. I just would have like it to come on at a low rpm for idle. It seems to run smoother at idle when the PCV is being vacuumed a little.

HHHmmmmmm.............

Randy

why not set it up off your oil PSI?
Use a oil psi switch to turn on the relay that is rinning the pump.
racer

From C-Com Ref manual V1.30.

"Wet Flow enable: When this radio button is activated, the ECU will continue to use the fuel parameters in the base fuel table while the N2O mode is active. ... N2O solenoid control and timing retard will work as programmed."

To me this means it will not use the N2O target a/f number, rather continue to use the base fuel calc as usual.

TurboTR

I have heard of people doing that, but I am not familiar with this. What does an oil pressure switch do when activated? Doesnt it give some variable voltage depending on the pressure? How could I make that trip a relay? Or are you talking about some other type of pressure sensitive switch?

Randy

Back