Utah Pistol Permit

GOT JCE

RIP Ruka Jean
I had never heard of this before. It seems you can take a Utah pistol permit class and that permit will let you carry in about 30 states. Most are in the South and Midwest but a few in the Northeast. For 100.00 I am taking a class at the Bridgeport shooting Range (in CT)and will be able to legally carry in these states. the 30 state that recognize Utah's pistol permit:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Nevada
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming
Does anyone on the board have a Utah pistol permit? I bet Shane does.

I had never heard of this before. It seems you can take a Utah pistol permit class and that permit will let you carry in about 30 states. Most are in the South and Midwest but a few in the Northeast. For 100.00 I am taking a class at the Bridgeport shooting Range (in CT)and will be able to legally carry in these states. the 30 state that recognize Utah's pistol permit:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Nevada
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming
Does anyone on the board have a Utah pistol permit? I bet Shane does.

I got mine in NC and yes it does cover all those states:biggrin:

Go to Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Since you are in Utah that could be an option:biggrin: I wish I was closer I would love to go to one of those classes!

The site has info on the carry permit that covers all those states!

Send Pennsylvania $26 and fill out a form........:biggrin:
It is good in a lot of states. Check NRA.

I had to take an $80 course and pay a $90 app fee...

Better hurry Utah is trying to pass a law that will let only residents of the state apply for a Utah permit. I have not heard much more about it. Nothing passed yet because all new laws go into affect here in July but the story below will give you an idea of whats going on.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A state lawmaker's bill to eliminate out-of-state instructors from Utah's concealed-carry permit process has triggered a fight between the National Rifle Association and the state gun lobby.

Accepted in 33 states, Utah's concealed-carry permit is considered the platinum card of permits. But problems with out-of-state instructors raised some concerns.

Utah Rep. Curt Oda, R-Clearfield, initially proposed a bill to eliminate out-of-state instructors. He's now swapped it for an unseen proposal after pressure from the National Rifle Association.

Gun Owners of Utah policy director Charles Hardy says his organization fears the new bill won't take care of the problems. He says they had hoped to have the NRA's help in addressing the issue of problem inspectors.

Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Utah is no longer valid in Nevada as this was updated 2 days ago via a departmental email at the department i work for (LV Metro PD) so fyi!;)

I don't believe you need a permit in VT, I have a NH permit, but Mass is the only place I feel the need to carry.

Better hurry Utah is trying to pass a law that will let only residents of the state apply for a Utah permit. I have not heard much more about it. Nothing passed yet because all new laws go into affect here in July but the story below will give you an idea of whats going on.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A state lawmaker's bill to eliminate out-of-state instructors from Utah's concealed-carry permit process has triggered a fight between the National Rifle Association and the state gun lobby.

Accepted in 33 states, Utah's concealed-carry permit is considered the platinum card of permits. But problems with out-of-state instructors raised some concerns.

Utah Rep. Curt Oda, R-Clearfield, initially proposed a bill to eliminate out-of-state instructors. He's now swapped it for an unseen proposal after pressure from the National Rifle Association.

Gun Owners of Utah policy director Charles Hardy says his organization fears the new bill won't take care of the problems. He says they had hoped to have the NRA's help in addressing the issue of problem inspectors.

Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Thanks for the heads up!!

Permit

I will be taking the Utah Permit course with a few freinds on July 22nd. Probably a good way to spend a hundred bucks.:)

CCW - Virginia

CCW permit in VA was $50 for 5 years. Being a veteran, a copy of my DD 214 was evidence of firearms training. Check NRA for reciprocal carry permissions.

A Missouri RESIDENT concealed permit is now reciprocated in more states than FL or UT

Sorry to Hi Jack, but are there any Washington DC LEO on here?

I have always wondered how it works far as the DC ban...

If you are traveling on 95 through DC but on the way to another state where the CCW is allowed what are you supposed to do with the gun while in the DC district?

I think you are only allowed to carry a locked up weapon if you are going to or from a shooting event. Going thru the getto in DC isn't considered a sanctioned shooting event.

I think you are only allowed to carry a locked up weapon if you are going to or from a shooting event. Going thru the getto in DC isn't considered a sanctioned shooting event.

That is what I am wondering, if it is locked up in a case are you okay?

I know you can't ride through the hood with .45 on the dash:tongue:

When travelling you fall under the National law regarding transporting a weapon.

Notwithstanding any state or local law, a person shall be entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearm if the firearm is unloaded and in a locked container. In vehicles without a locked container, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked box other than the glove compartment or console.

NRA-ILA ::