You can type here any text you want

v6 engine block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kls

Hello,
I am looking for an engine block for my v6. the engine is from 80` and it has 2 numbers on it: one is A 310 on the top and the other is 255 00 15 8 or B not (so sure about last figure). I have been told it is an popular engine but unfortunately I could not find this block anywhere. Please help!

sounds like your looking for a 4.1 - which i don't have any right now:frown:. do a search " junkyard donor parts " it'll list all the cars the 4.1 was in. the last 3 #'s being (291) or (044) is the preferred block to build.

sounds like your looking for a 4.1 - which i don't have any right now. do a search " junkyard donor parts " it'll list all the cars the 4.1 was in. the last 3 #'s being (291) or (044) is the preferred block to build.

4.1? I am sorry but I am not familiar with buick, the engine is in the March 86 its an open wheeler Indylight Wildcat which I am going to restore.
Shame I dont have any info on the car so I am trying to put some facts together. The reason I am chasing this particular block is that I have noticed a it has been cracked and welded it has not been run for years so I dont really know if it has been done properly. The block is steel and the engine is atmo I have been sent to this forum from teambuick for help.
All the other bits inside the motor seem ok I would rather not do the complete rebuilt at this point that is why I want to get the exact match on the block, furthermore I am located in Euroe so if the lump gets shipped and its wrong I loose lots of time and money.
So the point is I dont really get what you are posting here as I am not that familiar with the buick thing. I would be most grateful if you can explain it as to 4 years old, please.:smile:

Can you please post some pictures..... both the engine and the car....sounds like a nice ride...good luck with the restoration.Thanks

I dont have any pics on the computer atm just few from the advert on the web
you will find some pics at the classiccarsforsale . co . uk
need to find march 86 it is silver on a green floor sorry but I am not allowed to post direct link on this forum

You'll need to find a Stage II block. If you can find one get the 4.1 L displacement and you can sleeve it down if you need to. The smaller of the two is the 3.8 L displacement. The parts that are in it now should fit if the machining is done correctly. Rhere and Morrison did the machine work on them if I remember correctly. They're still in business but I don't think they do much work on them now.

I dont have any pics on the computer atm just few from the advert on the web
you will find some pics at the classiccarsforsale . co . uk
need to find march 86 it is silver on a green floor sorry but I am not allowed to post direct link on this forum

You might want to contact Derek Harling. He's the subject matter expert in this area of racing and these cars. He's known as "Derek Lola".

His email addy: derek@lola7.com

I sold him an aluminum Stage II Buick block for his Lola a number of years ago.
He restores and races the Buick V6 powered Lola's.

These cars used the Stage II blocks/heads.

I've attached a couple pictures of his ride.

Attachments

• Elkhart Jul09 TA.jpg
    Elkhart Jul09 TA.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 233
  • F3k RH side May09.jpg
    F3k RH side May09.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 227
wow! this looks like a really nice one!
thank you for all your input it has been really helpful . I hope to make good use of the info and contacts I got here!
I might post a picture when she is ready if you like but dont expect as nice as dereks Im afraid. We wnt to make it mechanicallly sound first do some tests and then we will see.

Back