Vacuum brake booster kit Vs. Powermaster???

Stockbroker1977

Hello. Just had Wildwood front disc system put on my 87 GN. Found out there is a leek on the stock Powermaster set up. I don't know the specifics of the leak. Question is, is it better to spend the money to get a vacuum brake booster kit from Kirban (about $499.00) and do the conversion? Are the Powermaster units problematic? Which gives better braking? Or is it better to get the Powermaster fixed. I will be keeping the Powermaster set (I keep all the stock parts) if I convert.

Also thinking about getting the rear disc coversion kit from Summit racing, any thoughts?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason

I would def. do the vacuum brake conversion, the powermaster is very expensive and replacement parts are becoming increasingly harder to find and also inflating in price every year.
The only down side to vacuum brakes is you wont be able hold as much boost if you want to brake boost and it is not factory stock.

If you don't want to pay the 499.99 for a vacuum kit, you can go to your local NAPA or other auto parts store and get one for half that price.

I'm looking to buy a conversion kit this week, and then will sell my powermaster to try and recover some of the costs.

Oh and YES the powermaster units are known to be very problematic and require more maintenance than vacuum

Thoughts on going to the Hydroboost from Hydratech over the Vaccum unit. Sounds like the Powermaster is out.....

THX