You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Brake Booster pump??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I did the vacuum conversion thanks to Red RegalT. Everything went smoothly and the car stops ok. It refuses to hold any boost... I was recently told about some sort of aux pump that will connect to the "unused" Powermaster" wires. Is this accurate?

If so, does anyone have the part number or the makes and models of donor cars???

I see alot of talk but nothing difinitve when I search.

TIA

To hold maximum boost on the line, you need to adjust the rear shoes very tight to the drums. Best to purchase new organic shoes from auto supply. Some use the longer shoes on both sides. Buy two sets. Also, necessary to install s-10 heavy duty wheel cylinders. Search for correct number.

When you stage, put car in neutral, rev engine for more vacuum and mash the pedal. Drop it in drive and build your boost.

Short of a full "big-brake" disc conversion, are there any other things that I might do in order to get better stopping response??

turbo39151 said:
Short of a full "big-brake" disc conversion, are there any other things that I might do in order to get better stopping response??

Not really.
Brakes are about turning the cars forward energy into heat. It's the brakes ability to absorb heat from the pads, and dissapate it into the airflow around the rotors. Then due to the drastic temp changes, you have to have large masses of metal to deal with absorbing so much heat quickly.

If you're going to limit the system with tiny front tires, then the limit is actually the amount of traction the tires can provide.

So with a drag only, 60 min min between high speed stops, you can get by with a light set of brakes. Anything other then that, and you need mass, and surface area, meaning 12s.

You can try playing with another combination valve, and CAREFULLY try modifying it. I bought one from Bweary, and had a machine shop build the plugs, and drill out the knee over valve, and for me it helped alot (but I was already running 4 whl discs).

There also maybe more to be had with playing around with single bore M/Cs. Some guys are running the Mopar M/C in manual applications, and they are a single bore design.

I second what Red says, and I started doing the Neutral/Vacuum Peak brake torquing technique on my Talon and it stopped pushing through stop lights. ;)

It would help to have a boost gauge that shows vacuum though, my GN's does not but luckily my Talons did.

turbo39151 said:

Besides what I've already said, high performance front pads are a plus. Pulls down from speed very quickly. I have three Regals with vacuum brakes and they all stop good. No complaints.

8#s no burnout

I just put the S10 cyl.s and long shoes on both sides along with a vac conversion . I have 255/50/16 MT drags and on my first try held 8#s after no burnout on the street by my house. :biggrin: I cant wait to go to the track sunday.

Back