You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
After 12 years I'm finally ready to put the car on the road I did a brake conversion and the light stays on the dash is this due to the left over wires that went to the hydro system also what's the deal with the pedal I left mine factory it seems fine why would I need to change it??? Any info is greatly appreciated

After 12 years I'm finally ready to put the car on the road I did a brake conversion and the light stays on the dash is this due to the left over wires that went to the hydro system also what's the deal with the pedal I left mine factory it seems fine why would I need to change it??? Any info is greatly appreciated

Light should not be on. Both my cars are swapped to vac with no issues. Probably the emergency brake switch.

The brake light still shouldn't be on regardless of a fuse and what system you run. Either the ebrake is slightly engaged, as mentioned, or you don't have adequate brake line pressure.

The pedal pin position is different for a vac system. It may not be an issue but it sounds like the switch for the pedal may need additional adjustment. Did you do a through bleed of the system? What about the proportioning valve on the frame, did you clamp it while bleeding?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back