You can type here any text you want

Vacuum vs. hydroboost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tdishon

Looking to swap in the next couple weeks. Sounds like vacuum and hydroboost are equally loved here.
Putting on Baer 4wheel disk brakes. Any advice on which booster would be appropriate?
Also, for the hydroboost, is the factory pump up to the task?

I've seen it both ways. I have the Baer 4 wheel and converted to vacuum then recently hydroboost. Vacuum worked ok, hydroboost works way better.

Hydro-boost gives more clamping force than vacuum but both can work. There are several threads about converting either way and there's an entire thread on how to do the hydro conversion in the how to section and it will give you some idea of how to do it and what parts you might need.;)

Vacuum is cheaper and to be totally honest I can't see having More clamping force with my Vacuum / BAER set up! It is Very touchy and if not careful it will put a "T" emblem on your chest!

Here is a short video of just how well the Vacuum / BAER set up works....

Zero to 75mph back to zero in 9.7 seconds!

Vacuum is cheaper and to be totally honest I can't see having More clamping force with my Vacuum / BAER set up! It is Very touchy and if not careful it will put a "T" emblem on your chest!

Here is a short video of just how well the Vacuum / BAER set up works....

Zero to 75mph back to zero in 9.7 seconds!]
That's just because your engine sucks more Scott.:eek: :p:D You should've known that was gonna happen.;)

Unless you are using used components and wheeling/dealing, I don't see the costs being too much different. I am biased as Mine has the hydroboost conversion.

The upsides for me were I didnt have to locate a different pedal, I ordered the hoses, booster and master cylinder from rockauto. I picked up the trans cooler line to use as a return and a tee local as the cost from ra was excessive with the shipping from a different warehouse.

I am using the stock 130k pump setup. The brakes never worked as well as now and I am an original owner.

It was a pretty straight forward swap. I think mine looks pretty factory as I used an 84 setup but got the cadillac plastic reservoir mc.

If you go hydroboost, pm if you need help. You can hit my photobucket for pix. Do a search there are posts here with links to mine and other swaps.

Back