You can type here any text you want

Value of salvage title buicks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I will add a few points to this discussion, I also agree with what Nick said and if you plan on keeping the car I would look at it. If it was a southern car with zero rust and new paint and nice interior and you planned on putting a new drive train in it anyways, you would be ahead of the game by thousands. Hell has anyone here payed less than 5G's for a decent paint job??

I do body and paint and the materials alone are almost 2G's or more depending on what you use and the labor is three to five time that depending on the condition of the body and how far you take it apart.

I bet you could get the car for under 10G's easy especially if it's basically a roller.
You know how it goes with these cars, someone puts a ton of money in it and blows it up a few times and sell's it for half of what they have into it because they don't learn from their mistakes or they are trying to avoid a divorce because they spend the vacation money every year or maxed out the C/C and are broke.

Now on the other hand it could be a chit box with a paint job hiding all the rust and bondo that will resurface in a year or two.

You won't know unless you look at it or take someone who knows what to look for. Take a look at the car and feel out the buyer and beat him up on the price if you like what you see.

If you worry about resale value then don't bother looking at any TR's as we usually sink more money in them than what we will get back anyways.

too many people look at cars as investments that they should get a return on...

i look at cars as something i can take out my stress on and focus myself on something to keep my mind off of whatever is dragging me down. my sanity is worth however much i lose when/if i sell it later on.

Back