Valve Cover Gaskets ?????

gixer2

I just bought some Fel-pro valve cover gaskets #vs50156T based on several different success stories. I installed the passenger side, but I did have to Dremel off two inside corners of the metal frame (core) of the gasket to get it to fit into the stock valve cover on our 86 T-type. I was wondering if anyone else did this and did the gasket seal ok afterwards? Any info appreciated.

Are these the perma-seals with the metal cores? If so I have an 87 gn and mine fit without modding them. Also I've removed and replaced the valve cover once so far and reused them and they still don't leak. I would think that as long as you didn't make them "unrigged" (that's a new term I just invented:eek: ) and they don't "push out" when you torque them, that you would be fine. james

These are the permadry plus I believe, I could fit one end in or the other but I could'nt drop it in flush inside the valve cover without the metal core riding on the raised inner edge of the valve cover, I ground away enough to leave it fairly centered in the groove and bolted it up, hope it seals, haven't been able to start car yet.