You can type here any text you want

Valve Guides

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Blowby out of the valve cover was the first sign. Then, after removing the valve cover I saw burnt oil on the underside of the valve cover. Then, finally if you grab the rocker arm or spring, the whole valve rocked side to side about 1/8" - 1/4"... It was excessive to say the least...

The only times I've seen them really chit the bed is when they were done half ass or the rocker geometry was way off. The symptom most noticeable is oil consumption under high vacuum I it's the intake and oil smoke on start up if it's the exhaust. Don't expect a power increase though.

Thanks for the replies. Here is what I have going on. I get massive amounts of smoke out the exhaust after spooling the turbo, but only at higher RPM's. I thought the turbo was bad so I replaced the turbo. When I pulled the old off the up pipe, intake pipe and innercooler was full of oil. New turbo still the same symptoms except no oil in the intake tube, up pipe and innercooler. Now on to the PCV. New PCV still smoking. So I bought a one way check valve (the ones suggested on here with a 1lb crack pressure) still smokes. So I disconnect the PCV same symptoms. On to valve springs and valve seals. After changing them, you guessed it still smoke. Pull the turbo off again and both the hot and cold side are dry as a bone.
I get 0 smoke after start up and none at idle. I have no smoke out the valve cover breathers anytime. All my spark plugs are clean as hEll and all look exactly the same. When I changed the springs and seals I used compressed air and did not have any excessive crank case pressure and seemed to be pretty even across the board.
I know its oil because I can smell it. The car runs lean but thats another problem. I was convinced it was blowby but the symptoms are not there i.e. smoke out the valve covers, at idle etc.etc. I have not done a compression check yet but plan to in the future.

Back