Valve seals for exhaust

Gene i didnt know you also replaced the intake gaskets. if all is the same i would guess the intake gasket could be pinched allowing oil to seep into the intake port...just a guess.. cheeper to replace a intake gasket than pulling the head so i would start from there.

Try spraying some wd40 around the intake. Have someone watch your sm and see if numbers change. If the cooling fan doesn't run you should see some bubbles if there are any leaks.

Gene i didnt know you also replaced the intake gaskets. if all is the same i would guess the intake gasket could be pinched allowing oil to seep into the intake port...just a guess.. cheeper to replace a intake gasket than pulling the head so i would start from there.

PM sent

2 stop the confusion I did not replace the intake gaskets just the seals on intake valves while changing springs!!!
Usetaboost seems to feel the same pain I do, no exhaust seals, heads stock, simple spring change, why smoke on quick acceleration blips???? So many ideas are appreciated but I seem to think the factory "bottoms up" shield on stock springs must prevent the drawback of oil splash !! I chose to leave them off as suggested by many, but may re-install on the exhaust valves only??
Stay tuned as I will play with this till clean air is achieved.(y)

It may help to install the chevy style splash shields to the exhaust springs. These go between the top of the spring and the retainer.

RemoveBeforeFlight

It reminds me of a girl in hi school who kept saying "if this doesn't feel right stop doing it"
then she had a better idea! I am looking for that better idea????

You're abusing your car and making smoke. While wondering how to stop the smoke.

Then I was told to 'talk to the hand', so it sounds like you've got it all figured out. I just come here for the cookies, I really don't know anything about how these cars work.

Do we ever get these cars "all figured out" ? Lot's of moving parts with electronics to boot..................o_O

They are addictive!! I am enjoying the journey with a few cuss words along the way. Great to have the forum and all the help to sort things out! Thanks for the input............(y)

When I first got mine I was petrified oh god a computer no distributor no carburetor I knew very little.
I'll never go back I keep trying to talk my buddy with an LS LQ4 into getting rid of the huge carb and dizzy into injection.
Better drive ability on the street and when sprays it at the track he can pour the fuel to it carbs are a constant compromise but its what he had and he knows how to make them fast. He says when he adds a turbo he will go EFI.