Vdo Tach Wire Hookup

PaulRV6

After searching the archives and looking at gntype.org I found some information regarding which wire is used for the tach hookup, but it is somewhat misleading.
I need to know if in fact it is a wire(s) coming out of the IGN MODULE with a green connector? What color are the wires? and where is it located?
What type of connector do I need to buy to plug directly into this connector, I want a water tight connection.
Is there a place under the dash I can pick this up (I do not have a factory tach)?

paul

Last wire to hook up before firing new engine!!

the tach signal can be found in a green colored spade type connector under the alrernator (there is also a black connector there which is for the fuel pump)

use a flat spade connector and tape

Ok, there is not a place under the dash to pick this up? Not sure since I do not have a factory tach.

paul

I suppose there may be, but I doubt anyone has bothered to look since the connection under the hood is so accessable and easy to use

White wire coming out of Terminal E of the CCCI connector, loops thru the tach test connector behind the alternator, runs to Terminal A7 on the big bulk head connector on the firewall. Emerges under the dash and runs straight to the tachometer in the dash. White all the way.

I really don't know but I suspect it is part of the wiring harness so it would...there are no connectors between the bulk head connctor and the tach so I would suspect an unused wire in the underdash harness...but, I am only guessing.