Video from Autocross

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Here is a video someone took of me on the Autocross last weekend. I didn't do too bad considering this was only my second time on an Autocross and only had 3 runs instead of 6 to put a time up. Due to time constraints they took away our last three runs so we had to go with our best from the first three passes. I couldn't go into the turns as hard as I wanted because I'm still on stock brakes but it didn't do too bad. I ended up placing 30th out of 79 cars so that isn't too bad being in the middle of the field.

This particular run was my second pass which was a 1:17.1 pass and I was still trying to learn the course. My third run was much more aggressive and I shaved my time down to a 1:15.2

Well I was out there representing the Buick's!

Click on image to play!

Scot W.

That thing looks nice and level on the turns ;)

and looks like it pulls like a bull out of the turns:cool:

Nice video...what other cars where there competing?
Well of course I was the Only Buick TR that was there and here is a link to a bunch of the other cars that I competed against.

Pictures: http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/LeadSSled/RTTH6/

This is my friends album of pic's he took but it will give you a view of the caliber of cars that compete at this event. Many of them are magazine cars and very well known in the pro-touring community.

Scot W.

That thing looks nice and level on the turns ;)

and looks like it pulls like a bull out of the turns:cool:
Thanks Ty, It sure is a lot of fun to drive now! ;) Come down next year and you can ride with me and I will let you take it for a spin too....

Scot W.

Cool! Quite a contrast to the usual drag videos we are all used to. Seeing that McDonalds sign in the background got me hungry, heading there now.:biggrin:

20 bucks ty takes a few cones out:biggrin::biggrin:

Only if we hit happy hour first Paul lol

trink26.gif

I love that car (white and all)!! Looks like a blast to drive , congratulations for doing that well in your first competition. Unfortunatlly for you , now the bug has got ya!! Good luck Mike:cool:

Cool video Scott, don't get to see too many TR related AutoX videos! Thanks for sharing.:)

SCOT W..
You are my hero:D. Talk about G-Machine:D:D:D. That car is almost is impressive as you old car. When I first saw your old car X-Cross I was hooked. I would like to duplicate the White GNX for BULLRUN. Scot.... You have a winner in the WHITE GNX.... Hell. I think Goldberg would get a "Boner" from your car.... Hell, that car would be killer in HOT ROD's Power Tour. Great work...:biggrin:

SCOT W..
You are my hero:D. Talk about G-Machine:D:D:D. That car is almost is impressive as you old car. When I first saw your old car X-Cross I was hooked. I would like to duplicate the White GNX for BULLRUN. Scot.... You have a winner in the WHITE GNX.... Hell. I think Goldberg would get a "Boner" from your car.... Hell, that car would be killer in HOT ROD's Power Tour. Great work...:biggrin:
Thanks for the compliments Chuck!

I think Goldburg gets his hard-on seeing people trash their cars is what I think!! lol

The power tour is just a bunch of driving around the streets/hwy's, That's too boring for me! I mean nothing by that, but it's just me.. I can't see dishing a ton of money into a car building it with race components, building it to race specs and then only driving it on the street and parking it in a stagnant car show.... It's like saying to the car show people "Look what I built, but don't use"....... just don't make sence to me!

I prefer to drive my junk and by that I mean the way I do, On the Auto-X, On the Road course, At the drag strip and on the streets getting from point A to point B... Thanks for the props!!

Scot W.

SCOT W
Is the video of your old car X Crossing somewhere on the net? I live in Birmingham, AL. We have BARBER's MOTORSPORT PARK and TALLADEGA GRAND PRIX track here and some of the SCCA guy cannot believe a "Buford" :eek:can turn corners that flat. I hope to get my car setup close to yours and RUN DOWN some Porsches and Rustangs. You have PROVEN that PIGS CAN FLY, especially around corners and turns. Keep up the great work.... When I am ready to set up the suspension, I know whom to call...:D:D

SCOT W
Is the video of your old car X Crossing somewhere on the net? I live in Birmingham, AL. We have BARBER's MOTORSPORT PARK and TALLADEGA GRAND PRIX track here and some of the SCCA guy cannot believe a "Buford" :eek:can turn corners that flat. I hope to get my car setup close to yours and RUN DOWN some Porsches and Rustangs. You have PROVEN that PIGS CAN FLY, especially around corners and turns. Keep up the great work.... When I am ready to set up the suspension, I know whom to call...:D:D
Hell, Show them this video!! :biggrin: Yeah I have several videos of my old GN, I think they are on (Streetfire.net) One on a flat Autocross course and also one on a Banked oval Autocross course. (That was a blast!) But the white car we have now is set up MUCH better and handles MUCH better than my old one did.

Next will be some road racing at VIR.... :biggrin:

Here is an old one!
Scot W's 1986 Grand National on the Auto-X, 2006'

Scot W.

Lookin good scott looks like your new chasis kit is helping your combo even more.Hate to see what it is like now, that car of yours made me grab cotton a few times when i was down by you but like stated above is like a drug. When you let me drive I could not get a enough seat time Your car rocks. Oh ya rember that 90 deg. turn at 45mph that was kool. Keep up the good work.
Tom

Awesome looking car and video! I'm glad to see more guys autocross their turbo Buicks too! I've been autocrossing mine for a few seasons now and it's a blast even with the stock suspension. Nothing's better than rolling in and just getting all the weird looks from the people with "normal" autocross cars like Miatas and such. A lot of people into that part of the car hobby don't know much about the TR's from what I've seen so they are surprised any of us even want to autocross.....then they find out it's turbo....:eek:

Awesome looking car and video! I'm glad to see more guys autocross their turbo Buicks too! I've been autocrossing mine for a few seasons now and it's a blast even with the stock suspension. Nothing's better than rolling in and just getting all the weird looks from the people with "normal" autocross cars like Miatas and such. A lot of people into that part of the car hobby don't know much about the TR's from what I've seen so they are surprised any of us even want to autocross.....then they find out it's turbo....:eek:
It is definitely a lot of fun that's for sure. Closed in courses are not as fun as a nice open/fast course is where you can open the car up a bit. Glad to hear your having fun!

Scot W.