You can type here any text you want

Video of the Progress!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
pressurized alcohol

shane have you heard of any one out law,pro street or pro mod turbo cars running alky or is this a first? either way beach "n" car

shane have you heard of any one out law,pro street or pro mod turbo cars running alky or is this a first? either way beach "n" car

Lots of FAST cars run alky!! And he is going the right direction by not using
IC with it!!! Cant wait to see this run!! Good luck Mike:cool:

And what LOTTO did you win to afford that sick ride??????? :biggrin: :biggrin: Sweet ride bud

most fast outlaw cars run alky with no intercooler if their sanctioning bodies allow it.much less hassle than ice. super nice car also

If you were to run an intercooler, you really don't want to ice the intercooler when running alcohol fuel, unless you're shooting for insane boost numbers. And there are some that are doing just that. Just run ambient temp water to slow and cushion the rise in intake air temp a little. 180 iat has got to be better than 280. In fact, alcohol loves iats in the range of 180 F.

In some tuning situations, even alcohol needs some help staying away from the detonation/preignition zone. Alcohol does not have a limitless octane rating.

Make sure you have someone that has experience tuning alcohol helping you with this monster. Alcohol has a very wide and forgiving tuning range, but if you get to close to the wrong end, it will spank you hard. I would hate to see that happen with this creation.

My opinion is, it's better to err on the safe side. Cheaper too.

Thats awesome!! I love that car and cant wait to see it go!! Craftsman ship
looks second to none. WOW!! Gotta love it!! Mike:cool:

Back