You can type here any text you want

Vintage Air Units Shipping from Nick @ Arizona GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I received mine yesterday! Now for the clean firewall club!!
Conrad

Vintage Air.jpg Vintage Air1.jpg Vintage Air2.jpg Vintage Air3.jpg

Just arrived. Photos attached for the curious or those sitting on the fence.
Conrad.

Are these just for hot air cars? or both?

anything available as far as compressor or related parts for the LS crowd or will it work well with the March setup?

It includes the under dash VA air handling unit, in dash VA control unit, block-off plate (covers hole in the firewall), adaptors so flex hose from air handling unit will mate with our in dash louvers. Does not include flex hoses from air handling unit to compressor, condensor (Brian at G-Body recommends a new "higher efficiency?" condensor from O'Reilys), compressor (uses TB compressor). Dryer and/or compressor has to be replaced or flushed out as new freon is not compatible with freon/oil in our cars so system has to be flushed out to remove all old oil. I have not yet begun to tackle this install...Work is getting in the way! Best to check with Nick at AZ GN for details. This is his baby!

On my T-Type that has the first VA system, we use a VA condensor and dryer which are mounted together.

The dryer also has a pressure switch for the compressor which greatly simplifies AC wiring in the engine compartment.

The compressor is in the stock location, and the original lines from the compressor have been modified by cutting off the rubber hoses, and welding male AN fittings for new hoses which are routed directly to the condensor and evaporator unit and also contain the charging ports.

Last summer in a trip across town in 105 deg. temps the coolant temp was ~190 deg, and this car has a front mount IC!

In a LS or any engine conversion, it does not matter which brand or type AC compressor is used.

AC11.jpg

Nick,
Should I buy a VA condensor/dryer combo that you mentioned? If so, do you have a part number?
Conrad

Nick,
Should I buy a VA condensor/dryer combo that you mentioned? If so, do you have a part number?
Conrad

Conrad, here are the parts I used from Vintage Air on my Regal:

Condensor - 03263-VUC

Dryer w/binary switch - 07322-VUC

I was just looking at one of those crimpers on eBay. I wish you could rent them!:(

Back