Virginian's

you can get them from autozone ..they will offer a rope seal or a rubber seal get the rubber.

if you get the timing cover set it should come with a rubber seal for the front cover which has to be put in from the inside.

and you might want to study up on setting the cam sensor thats where alot of people get confused even tho its no biggy.go to top of page and hit search and search for cam sensor.

btw: it sets at 25 degrees after tdc so thats to the right of the timing tab at the balancer the markings on the timing tab are before tdc.

Red,
I do remember the officer saying he was staionary at the light. You and I talked about a night club at that light I think. I can try and help you if you want me to. I need to get down there and finish up my car. There is a guy here with a 2000 Conv. Cobra with a Vortech in it that wants to run me. I dont think I am ready for him yet. But I think I could take him out of the whole. Either way I am not scared and if he gets me now he wont get me later. He has $30,000 in his car I have $9500 in mine.
Stixx

Steve here. I live in Chesapeake. I just bought an 86 GN from Kirban, my 5th turbo car. Basically a stock hardtop, with pitifull paint.

man there are getting to be enough that once spring rolls around were going to have to get a turbo buick meeting going on so we can all meet in person

feel free to hit me up by
email Redsttype@cox.net
aol or aim instant messenger REDSBDASSEL
or my cell preferably after 8pm (757) 570-4403

RED

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
man there are getting to be enough that once spring rolls around were going to have to get a turbo buick meeting going on so we can all meet in person

feel free to hit me up by
email Redsttype@cox.net
aol or aim instant messenger REDSBDASSEL
or my cell preferably after 8pm (757) 570-4403

RED

Sounds good RED.

One more Virginian, here. Manassas/Woodbridge area.

Don't worry, it's stock. Really.;)

Originally posted by 87natl
One more Virginian, here. Manassas/Woodbridge area.

Don't worry, it's stock. Really.;)

yea all them nova cars are stock :cool:

everyone have their cars running good in spring time so we can rent mir for a day and have some fun

some buddys and myself normally rent the track twice a year ... beats going on a normal race day

normally we spend $100 a car which gives us one lane from 9am till 6 pm .. that Is the only true way I have found to get any real tune time in and also I dont get kicked out for no cage on rental days ;)

Sounds good. Last week I put the old girl up on blocks, yanked the trans and sent it out to have "all the good parts" put in it. So hopefully I' ll be good to go when the decent weather rolls back around.

I hate this time of year. Grrrrrr. But I guess it gives me a good time to do a little maintenance.

I don't need a roll cage.....yet. Stock, original block with 97k on it, remember?

See ya in the springtime.:)

If I am not out at sea count me in for the track rental RED hopefully I'll have the WE4 ready:D

Hey Red,
keep me updated when ya gonna planning to do the Track rental. I really want to see what I can get out of my "crab" after I get the heads and intake on it ;)

Originally posted by Blasphemous
I found out about the double rollers, so I'm sticking with a stock one. I'm just gonna go with a stock chain and tensioner. Where can I get those seals at locally? I'm sure Autozone or someone would have the oil pan and timing cover gaskets/seals. I don't know about the rear main seal though. Thanks for the advice.

what is it about the double rollers? Does this apply to ALL double rollers? Ya got me worried. I put a double roller in my WE4, and a double roller (with the stock tensioner!!) in my 86!!!:eek:

When you say stock chain, does that include the nylon gear or an all steel gear? Have you ever seen a stock nylon gear strip it's teeth?

-Greg

Va Beach Here!

representing Va Beach!!.. ok I am not from here, originally from the west coast, but I am stationed here and I love it here.. both of my kids were born here and I can honestly say I dont think I would ever move back to the west coast after living here...
-knowldege is power, so feed me what you got!-