Virginian's

damn right i'm in.....any of you guys in VA have a good tranny for a GOOD ;) PRICE....

Originally posted by peterkin
damn right i'm in.....any of you guys in VA have a good tranny for a GOOD ;) PRICE....

HA..yea right i got plenty of trannys ..all tore up tho.

get the deltrans intercooler has its really a desent deal from what i've heard .

and hey if you come down to vmp leave early and set your cruize under 75 .....:D

Turbogate

Alright, where the heck is VMP, when and where and what time is everyone going? I would not mind getting in.. Bill

87 Stock GN
"Faster than a Hyundai for sure"

Re: Turbogate

Originally posted by siuwed
Alright, where the heck is VMP, when and where and what time is everyone going? I would not mind getting in.. Bill

basically it is petersburg.. from over there you might want to go rt460 but i go up 64 and down 95 and it takes about 1 1/2 hours from over here in n.n.

im not sure when everyone will be going yet ...they open the first week in march and if the tranny im putting in my car later thisa week holds up for a lil while i plan to go one of the first couple weeks open and will be posting it up here in time for all yall to read

the first time i go im probly not going to be pushing the car too mard but more of trying to start tunning it in alil...i been drivng it all winter and not doing any kind of tunning on it and i really dont wanna blow it up just yet. so most likely i'll be in street trim but if all is goig good i might toss in the race chip and see what happens...id like to see the car running in the high 11's on the street chip first..:)

you could always come over here and follow me to the track when we go...:eek:

well get sick....i mean get to work ...on your car that is..:D

i guess mine will make it i put a 2004r tranny back in it tonight ....well it shifts ok and dont slip but i have a couple problems that i hope to get out of it by then.

it'll be nice to be able to get some kind of fuel besides 93 octane there is nothing around here but junk cam2 and i cant get no more boost on it than i can 93 so all winter i've had to ride on my 51 turbo and havent been able to put my race chip in and give it no boost so i cant wait to get some fuel..

FOR SALE

Alright, it's official, my 87 is up for sale. I have found the one I really want in Illinois, only 14 grand and worth every penny.. Have to sell this one first though, I put it up for $7500, all stock never modified, all receipts since NEW!! Motor redone and brand new turbo put on about 20K ago. If it's someone from here, I can flex on the price a little since I know she will be taken care of right. Other than that I am drooling over the new (to me) one, I want want want it.. yeee haaaaa.. Peace.. Bill

hey red...

my buddy just got a 55 gal. drum of 115 for 3.50 per gal. He got it in Greensboro, NC...he works there, and he just fills that thing up about once a month :D Comes to about $175 to $190, depending on how much we fill the drum up. The guy at the place is pretty nice; he knocks a few cents per gal. off, b/c we get so much.

Here in Danville you can't get it any cheaper than about $4.25 to $4.75.

Just my $.02

heyJohn i'll keep that in mind cause when the weather starts to break im looking at buying a drum of fuel to keep here for weekend outings..

Siuwed do yu have a pic or two of your car you can email me i will show it to my buddy if you do ...if not atleast email me with somemore details on the car

will have to know about any rust even floor pans not that that would make him turn away but he will want to know for sure

Race Fuel

Once upon a time I knew of an Amoco that sold 108 unleaded down in Suffolk. I never actually bought any, but I saw the pump - it had "108 octane" pasted on it. Best way I'd describe getting to it is like this: Get on I-64 east (or I-664 to cross over the Monitor-Merrimack for those individuals that might be coming from NN) and get on Hwy58 W toward Suffolk/Emporia. Should be a wide 6-lane (3 going east & 3 going west if they haven't widened it further) with a big flooded ditch in the middle clogged with heavy trees/bushes. Hwy58 business going into downtown Suffolk will split off (stay in the middle or left lane & make sure you don't take this exit) and you'll be bypassing Suffolk around to the North. The Freeway will come to an abrupt end with traffic lights, and gas stations and fast-foods spots. Look for the Amoco on the right. The 108 pump sat by itself with it's own pump among the regular 87/89/93 gas pumps - kinda like the way you see Diesel fuel pumps. As I remember, the 108 pump is located on one of the "inside" gas islands. There's another island that has the diesel pump. This was many moons ago - so I don't know if it's still there or not... But I'm sure it USE to be there. Hope if anyone goes searching that it doesn't turn out to be a fruitless goose-chase, but hey, it's worth a try, right?
-Greg

Rust

Hi Red, The only pics I have are not close up enough to tell anything really, but I can probably stop by and show it to you, what area of NN are you in? I have detailed receipts of all work done to the car since it was new, and as far as rust, there is a small area on the front pillar in front of driver window, nothing spectacular though. A few small dents, the biggest is on the driver door, just cosmetic crap though, and the car was repainted somewhere around 94 I think, there are receipts for it in the encyclopedia of receipts book I have for it, maaco did it so it's not show quality, but the car looks great considering it is 15 years old or so, and it does turn a lot of heads and I get a lot of admirers when out and about, the car is definitely not trash, it's my third and I know what to look for when buying, I did not hesitate last year when I got it.... Other than that it's a straight up daily driver that runs and drives smooth as glass, very dependable. The interior is awesome, headliner was replaced and seats have always been covered, they don't even have a SPOT on them, the ashtray on back of drivers still has a factory sticker on it.. =-) Digital Dash, brand new gas tank thanks to the towing company when the fuel pump died, and syclone fuel pump, new heater core, cold air conditioning R12, new rear bumper fillers that have already seperated on side seams, epoxy can fix that though, Good quality tint job with guarantee paperwork, and I think there is a small exhaust leak although I cannot find a crack in the headers anywhere, most likely a poor seal on one of the connections. The car will get up and move with no detonation just like it should since it has never been modified for racing. Frank has done the maintenance on it since I have had it and seems to like it a lot, checked the tranny while he was changing the fluid and filter, no problems whatsoever, the guy I got it from really took care of it well, there are no leaks or puddles in my driveway for that matter. If I don't sell it by spring, I will just throw a grand into some goodies and keep it for daily driving and buy my new one too.. hee hee.. Let me know, maybe we can hook up, I would not mind checking your car out too.. Remember that I work over at NNSY... Bill

i'll be talking with my bud today at some point i'll tell him all about it he may or may not be interested cause he's got 2 turbo regals a97gts viper a full tube chassis camaro that he's messing with now and he's doing a turbo'd 355 motor for his pickup but never know if its clean enough he might want it

what kinda miles are on it?

Holy Smack

No way, if I had all those cars, what would I want with another?? Who would have time. ha ha.. The car has 135K, but the engine and turbo not very much, maybe 20K... very strong and uses no oil or anything, keep your ears open, it's worth the money and more for sure, but it's not a show car, clean is somewhere upward in price I am afraid, around 14 grand for my idea of clean.. =-) I do enjoy the looks of envy though, nice to be loved.. Bill

Newbie Checkin In

Hello everyone... I'm fairly new to the site here. I live in Norfolk, VA. Have a 1987 WE4, loved the car as soon as I drove it :D
I believe I have a busted timing chain though. I was hoping to do it myself, but I just won't have the time for a while. Are there any good shops around the area?

FWIW

Try emailing/contacting "Reds hot air" only two posts above yours.

Another mechanic I'd recommend is Frank Baber at Performance Pontiac in Suffolk.

Man, why couldn't I have been stationed in Norfolk now? (now that the TR presence seems so much greater) :confused:

Yes I will personally say Red may be a little crazy but he knows what he is doing. He did my timing chain and rear main seal and did a great job. But you cant jump in line because I have to go back and get him to install my downpipe and hotwire the new Walbro fuel pump. Great guy and does good work.
Stixx

dont worry stixx we'll get you strait..

Blasphemous: i see you got Darrell's car if you guys get it strait yo both need to hit my side of the water one saturday night so we can all go terorize all the mustang owners..:D

did Darrrell get his lag problem strait yet? he's suppose to get in touch with me to check it out but my phone remains quiet. i have a couple different torque converters lying around too that might could fix him up and i'd like to check his wastegate allighnment and make sure its sealing like its suppose to.

oh yea Stixx they busted my *** in court so i appealed it ...i go on the 13th of may to get my new court date so i might need ya there on the next actual trial date..cop said in court that he was headed opposite direction and we pasted him..but didnt he say that night that he was sitting stationary radar?

see ya guys...RED

Darrell might have a new problem. With the chip he has in it, the tranny acts like it's tryin to lock-up, but won't. The lag problem is still there too, ALOT more noticeable than mine.
BTW, me and Darrell are going to attempt to do the timing chain ourselves. If we run into problems... do you do house calls?

Originally posted by Blasphemous
If we run into problems... do you do house calls?

:D i try no to unless i know the place like a few car lots around here that i go to and use their garage to fix cars for them.

i can get you a good deal on a tow..;)

only thing is i highly recomend pulling the pan when doing a chain and making sure there is no trash on the oilpump pickup and also if it still has a rope seal its the perfect time to switch to the rubber rear main seal cause the rope will leak if not now it will.

the oil pan gasket is a trick by itself to get not to crush and split

as ar as the chain you guys can handle it. and dont put a cheap tensioner on it must be a GM one and no double roller chains they suck.

oh well im hungry gotta run ..RED

I found out about the double rollers, so I'm sticking with a stock one. I'm just gonna go with a stock chain and tensioner. Where can I get those seals at locally? I'm sure Autozone or someone would have the oil pan and timing cover gaskets/seals. I don't know about the rear main seal though. Thanks for the advice.