walboro 307??

87GNCincy

bought a car with a walboro 307 fuel pump and 009 injectors. im jumping to the 60# injectors because i upgraded to a 61/52E turbo. will the 307 support that? i see everyone running the walboro 340. Is that the ticket? any other ideas on what i should run......anyone wanna buy my 009's??

I ran a 307 with 50# and I was good. I would just run it, you should be fine.

bought a car with a walboro 307 fuel pump and 009 injectors. im jumping to the 60# injectors because i upgraded to a 61/52E turbo. will the 307 support that? i see everyone running the walboro 340. Is that the ticket? any other ideas on what i should run......anyone wanna buy my 009's??
How old is the existing 307? You might want to upgrade it to be on the safe side. I recomend the Red's XP pump, I just installed one in my car and it's great. The Red's XP pumps are re-worked by Red himself and his have not experianced the failure problem like the rest. At least I never seen any mentioned.

Scot W.

well the fuel pump was put in around 2000 and drove for about a year. then the car sat around until now. i dont know if i should replace it just because its so old and sat around so long..??? whats the difference in the walbro 340 and reds xp? i see everyone going with the hotwire kit as well...how do i see if my car has one??

That 307 was a good pump it was replaced by the 340.
Just make sure it has a hotwire kit.

well the fuel pump was put in around 2000 and drove for about a year. then the car sat around until now. i dont know if i should replace it just because its so old and sat around so long..??? whats the difference in the walbro 340 and reds xp? i see everyone going with the hotwire kit as well...how do i see if my car has one??
To see if you have a hot wire kit you can look under your rear bumper and look for a larger red wire with a large relay on it and you will also see your stock pump hook up connector pluged into it.

It's my understanding that Red takes a stock Walbro pump and does something to it other than just grind the writing off it.

EVERY Red's XP that I installed back to 2004 is still in the cars and still working perfect! ;)

I myself wouldn't mind seeing the flow difference between the XP & stock 340Walbro!

Scot W.

The 307 is a 255 LPH pump just like the 340.

The 340 can go to a higher pressure than the 307. If you aren't running more than about 20 psi boost.... the 307 is just as good as a 340 IMHO.

It isn't until you get mid 20's on boost that the 307 looses alot of ground on the output as compared to the 340.

HTH

A stock 307 with 60# injectors at 100% DC (this is worst case) and 20 psi boost will have enough volume for a max of around 64 psi total rail pressure (fuel flow will be around 60 gph). If you need a duty cycle of 90% or less, it will support a max of 68 psi - and obviously with even less DC you will have more rail psi; 80% will put you over 72 psi.

If you were to remove the pump and shim the relief (and I used to get flamed for this all the time but I did it and it worked fine - they say the 307 doesn't have as beefy an armature as the 340, but whatever), you can get about 4-5 more psi under the same conditions above. I.E. at 100% DC, you will end up at 68 psi or less, which is 45 base plus 23 boost. I doubt you will want/need to run 100% DC so that will be plenty.