You can type here any text you want

walboro 307??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNCincy

bought a car with a walboro 307 fuel pump and 009 injectors. im jumping to the 60# injectors because i upgraded to a 61/52E turbo. will the 307 support that? i see everyone running the walboro 340. Is that the ticket? any other ideas on what i should run......anyone wanna buy my 009's??

I ran a 307 with 50# and I was good. I would just run it, you should be fine.

bought a car with a walboro 307 fuel pump and 009 injectors. im jumping to the 60# injectors because i upgraded to a 61/52E turbo. will the 307 support that? i see everyone running the walboro 340. Is that the ticket? any other ideas on what i should run......anyone wanna buy my 009's??
How old is the existing 307? You might want to upgrade it to be on the safe side. I recomend the Red's XP pump, I just installed one in my car and it's great. The Red's XP pumps are re-worked by Red himself and his have not experianced the failure problem like the rest. At least I never seen any mentioned.

Scot W.

well the fuel pump was put in around 2000 and drove for about a year. then the car sat around until now. i dont know if i should replace it just because its so old and sat around so long..??? whats the difference in the walbro 340 and reds xp? i see everyone going with the hotwire kit as well...how do i see if my car has one??

That 307 was a good pump it was replaced by the 340.
Just make sure it has a hotwire kit.

well the fuel pump was put in around 2000 and drove for about a year. then the car sat around until now. i dont know if i should replace it just because its so old and sat around so long..??? whats the difference in the walbro 340 and reds xp? i see everyone going with the hotwire kit as well...how do i see if my car has one??
To see if you have a hot wire kit you can look under your rear bumper and look for a larger red wire with a large relay on it and you will also see your stock pump hook up connector pluged into it.

It's my understanding that Red takes a stock Walbro pump and does something to it other than just grind the writing off it.

EVERY Red's XP that I installed back to 2004 is still in the cars and still working perfect! ;)

I myself wouldn't mind seeing the flow difference between the XP & stock 340Walbro!

Scot W.

The 307 is a 255 LPH pump just like the 340.

The 340 can go to a higher pressure than the 307. If you aren't running more than about 20 psi boost.... the 307 is just as good as a 340 IMHO.

It isn't until you get mid 20's on boost that the 307 looses alot of ground on the output as compared to the 340.

HTH

A stock 307 with 60# injectors at 100% DC (this is worst case) and 20 psi boost will have enough volume for a max of around 64 psi total rail pressure (fuel flow will be around 60 gph). If you need a duty cycle of 90% or less, it will support a max of 68 psi - and obviously with even less DC you will have more rail psi; 80% will put you over 72 psi.

If you were to remove the pump and shim the relief (and I used to get flamed for this all the time but I did it and it worked fine - they say the 307 doesn't have as beefy an armature as the 340, but whatever), you can get about 4-5 more psi under the same conditions above. I.E. at 100% DC, you will end up at 68 psi or less, which is 45 base plus 23 boost. I doubt you will want/need to run 100% DC so that will be plenty.

Back