You can type here any text you want

Want to make offer on 87 T-Type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RGrey2

I want to make a co-worker an offer on a 87 T-Type (not limited). It has approx. 70K, new turbo and trans. It is in good/fair condition. I'm having trouble finding blue book. I used to work for Kenne-Bell tech support many years ago and have been out of the Buick game for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I would say that a well taken care of 87 Turbo T with 70K miles is worth somewhere between $6K and $8K. Those numbers obviously mean nothing if the person is not willing to sell it to you for that amount.

Good luck in your quest.

More like 10-12K , depends on quality and overall condition.

BW

Not recently. If you were answering that question 2 years ago, I would agree. There is a long list of nice examples in the For Sale section that are having trouble even fetching the 6-8k. Mid-mileage (30 - 60k miles) stocker GN's are barely fetching 11k right now.

My advice is, look through the for sale section of the site extensively to gauge what cars are actually selling for.

More like 10-12K , depends on quality and overall condition.

BW

Not from what I have seen. A 35K mile GN with over $4K worth of very tasteful mods just sold on here for $14K. Where in the world are you getting 10 - 12 for a 70K mile car that isn't even mint?

True there are a lot of people asking all the money for these cars, but what are they actually changing hands for? A lot less than advertised, or in some cases, no sale at all.

Not recently. If you were answering that question 2 years ago, I would agree. There is a long list of nice examples in the For Sale section that are having trouble even fetching the 6-8k. Mid-mileage (30 - 60k miles) stocker GN's are barely fetching 11k right now.

My advice is, look through the for sale section of the site extensively to gauge what cars are actually selling for.

I did oversee in his post about the fair/good condition, i figured since it had 70K that it would be in better condition than most.
Thats my fault for reading the thread too fast.

Show me these 30-60K GN's that are barely fetching 11K I sure havent seen them!:eek:

32K = $20,000.00+ http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...d-national-solid-roof-32k-original-miles.html

BW

Not from what I have seen. A 35K mile GN with over $4K worth of very tasteful mods just sold on here for $14K. Where in the world are you getting 10 - 12 for a 70K mile car that isn't even mint?

True there are a lot of people asking all the money for these cars, but what are they actually changing hands for? A lot less than advertised, or in some cases, no sale at all.

Show me the link...

As i said in the last post, i read over it too fast and missed the fair/good condition. I assumed 70K would be a better than average car.

BW

I agree with your quotes Bryan 100%. Show me the 30k to 60k Ts that "reflect" those miles for 6 to 8gs and I will own them all! The market isnt that bad for these cars!

Obviously its the wrong time of year to sell any collector/performance nice weather car and anyone giving it away for that price is extreamly desperate to sell. Who wants to spend top dollar on a car only to not use it for the next 5 -6 months?

Brian

I did oversee in his post about the fair/good condition, i figured since it had 70K that it would be in better condition than most.
Thats my fault for reading the thread too fast.

Show me these 30-60K GN's that are barely fetching 11K I sure havent seen them!:eek:

32K = $20,000.00+ http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...d-national-solid-roof-32k-original-miles.html

BW

For the record, not wanting to get into un-winnable argument about the worth of TR's, after all. a car is worth what someone will pay for it. But to give a few examples of cars that wouldn't have lasted a week on the market a few years ago...

Obviously you cant judge from these alone, but they are a few examples from this board that seem like they are deals that should be moving.

A nice more rare white T with leather interior , moonroof, and 72k miles for 11,500 not sold yet.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...time-my-86-white-t-type-leather-moonroof.html

A very nice T-Top GN with 32k miles that just sold yesterday for presumably less that 14k. A final price was not posted.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/266726-87-gn-low-miles-tastefully-modded.html

A very loaded 87 GN T-Top with a few grand in tastefull mods for $12,500 not selling.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/264302-1987-g-n-t-tops-ny-14k.html

Another 87 GN with 67k miles not sold $13,500.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...87-gn-nj-56-612-original-miles-t-top-car.html

Outside of these examples, the proof is in the pudding that Kirban has decided to stop selling them right now as well because the market is that bad. We're talking a company that has probably moved more TR's than anyone.

Back to the point... supply and denmand = value. Right now a lot more supply than demand for play/investment cars with the economy as it is.

Well now your just being silly or forgot what you posted.

You said that GN's with 30-60K are barely fetching 11k right now, all the cars you just listed are being offered above the 11K, and two of them have more than 60K... So much for basic math skills;)

It doesnt matter what they are priced at, people just arent buying these cars up as much as they were a year and a half ago.

BW :)

Well now your just being silly or forgot what you posted.

You said that GN's with 30-60K are barely fetching 11k right now, all the cars you just listed are being offered above the 11K, and two of them have more than 60K... So much for basic math skills;)

It doesnt matter what they are priced at, people just arent buying these cars up as much as they were a year and a half ago.

BW :)

Uhhh. yes the key statement is being offered. They aren't selling for those numbers. I can offer my old shoes for 14,000, does not mean anyone will pay me that. The point is the days of reaping premium numbers for the cars is over for the immediate future. If someone really wants or needs to sell their car right now, it is a buyers' market with plenty of supply. And to trump that supply, the price has to be "right". Or wait it out and see if the market comes back around. I chose those examples, because they were all from the first page of results. They also all have a few thousand dollars of mods to them additionally to offset the difference in mileage, or are rarer than the average 87 GN.

Trust me, I know more than a few sellers right now that would be estatic to get a I'll give you 11,000 cash for your car tomorrow phone call.

If you are up to a challenge, find evidence of a car on this board with <30k miles that isn't riding with a Stage II drivetrain or 20,000 in mods that has sold for over 20,000 in the last 6 months and I'll digress to your expertise.

Show me the link...

As i said in the last post, i read over it too fast and missed the fair/good condition. I assumed 70K would be a better than average car.

BW

Its gn.87's car and it just sold a couple of days ago. I don't think they get any cleaner than that car, so work backwards from there. Do a search in this section and you will find it.

BW[/QUOTE]

Thats real funny if you think 32K mile GN's are fetching $20K. He can ask whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean he will get it. If you do a quick search you'll find there is a clean 16K mile car for $19K (GNXJohn's car).

Bottom line is anyone can ask whatever they want, what matters is what they are actually selling for.

Hold up...I want to see the 30k mile Ts for the 6 or even 8 grand! Where are those links?:confused:

Obviously you cant judge from these alone, but they are a few examples from this board that seem like they are deals that should be moving.

A very nice T-Top GN with 32k miles that just sold yesterday for presumably less that 14k. A final price was not posted.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/266726-87-gn-low-miles-tastefully-modded.html

A very loaded 87 GN T-Top with a few grand in tastefull mods for $12,500 not selling.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/264302-1987-g-n-t-tops-ny-14k.html

I can tell you why these 2 cars havent sold............ cause they have T-tops!:p

[/QUOTE] If you do a quick search you'll find there is a clean 16K mile car for $19K (GNXJohn's car).[/QUOTE]
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/263115-1987-buick-gn-15-900-mi.html

The car you were referring to was also a repaint. Worth less by collector standards and it is also modded. Those are the reasons for it selling for less than $20k. If it were stock with less than perfect original paint, I would have brought just as much. So the mods and the cost of the paint job were a loss of how much?

Just MHO.:biggrin:

Uhhh. yes the key statement is being offered. They aren't selling for those numbers. I can offer my old shoes for 14,000, does not mean anyone will pay me that. The point is the days of reaping premium numbers for the cars is over for the immediate future. If someone really wants or needs to sell their car right now, it is a buyers' market with plenty of supply. And to trump that supply, the price has to be "right". Or wait it out and see if the market comes back around. I chose those examples, because they were all from the first page of results. They also all have a few thousand dollars of mods to them additionally to offset the difference in mileage, or are rarer than the average 87 GN.

Trust me, I know more than a few sellers right now that would be estatic to get a I'll give you 11,000 cash for your car tomorrow phone call.

If you are up to a challenge, find evidence of a car on this board with <30k miles that isn't riding with a Stage II drivetrain or 20,000 in mods that has sold for over 20,000 in the last 6 months and I'll digress to your expertise.

Lets take a step back here-

I made a mistake by reading the first post too fast, and guessed the cars value based on mileage. Mileage at 70K, and i estimated it at 10-12K, then thats dead on where Mike Lichts car is. His is a very nice car, the ad doesnt describe what condition its in, but if i had to guess id say more on the very nice to super condition.

You said 30-60K cars were barely fetching 11k, SHOW ME THE 30K cars that are barely fetching $11,000.00 If its a repaint t-top questional mileage car that resides upstate in the rust belt, theres a reason why the value of the car is in the crapper. Nobody wants to buy a questionable car!

I simply gave you a hyperlink to a 32K car on the first page, and from what youve posted, you pretty much think that since it hasnt sold, its worth HALF of the advertised listing.

Show me a original 32K hardtop, nice original paint, interior that reflects the miles, unmolested, rust free GN thats for sale for less than 11K and i will buy it.

I agree with you, the cars just arent fetching as much as they were spring of 07, but i think your slide rule bargain basement pricing is ridiculous.

Back