Want to try slicks, need advice, Sixty Foot

Detomaso71

I have currently HR parts, upgraded rear/spool/axles and transbrake.

My tires are 275/50/15 MT DRs and i have 4 inch back space Centerline Telstars. I can hit 1.51 60 foot before spins but want a 1.28 to 1.32 60 foot.
I want to run or try to 10.5 inch slicks but my passenger rear DR tire occasionally rubs or turning or launch based on frame rail missing some paint there. The drivers side does nto rub ever.

Will the 10.5 inch slicks on a Telstar with 4 inch BS rub or be worse?
Does I need new wheels or just a spacer? Dont want to notch car yet.
I have the longer wheel studs already with 33 spline mosers.

Thanks

1.28 is pretty serious what is your combo? 1.51 is plenty to get into the 10's how quick is your car?

Slicks

Stock engine, never opened. Runs 11.4 ET with a mild tune and 6765 DBB already.
Larger stroker with all options is being built now and I want to car to raise 3-4 feet in the air with crazy sixty foot times.
I want to run DRs street and Slicks track.
Goals are 9.8 to 9.99 ET at track, tuned for 10.5 to 11.0 for street.
I want to launch 15 to 20 pounds, cant right now, spins the DRs.

Pretty sure I will need slicks as to get large enough DRs would have to notch frame and dont want to do that yet.

Thanks

You've got the right wheels for a stock frame rail car Clay.

The width on a 28x10.5 slick should be very close to the width on the tires you have now (section width, not tread width), but the problem will be whether or not the extra height and tread width will interfere with your quarter panels and wheel well trim...Your car very nice so I don't know how you feel about rolling the lips.

Best thing IMO for you is to get some used 28x10.5's because if you put them on and aren't happy with the fit you can sell them and you will only be out the money for mounting them.

Now if you decided to do a frame notch then you could go with a wheel that has more backspacing (like 4.5, or so) and hopefully get away without doing anything to the quarters. That is the setup I have and my car is lowered some which makes matters worse and only had to take a mallet and lightly bend my wheel well trim up a little.

thats the tire/rim combo i run (28x`10.5 with telstar 15x8 4BS ) but youll have to roll the lips

you can run 9.0's without messing with the lips which ive seen jim rome stand it on the bumper with his WH1 tsm car

with 275/60 mickeys ive been 1.40 with only about 600 on stock bottom end hitting it at 10psi but there was no air , if your blowing them away you need to work on the suspension spring shock and have more hp to cover the 60 quicker if you want 1.28