Water Temp Gauge Install

nickygn23

Does anybody have a picture of how they hooked up their water temp gauge? Can I just splice into my stock water temp sensor or do I need a new sending unit? Not sure how to do it. Would like to also keep the idiot light on the dash. Any help or even better pictures would be great. Thanks.

Mine has the idiot light sensor removed and gauge one installed in place of it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

i took out the factory temp sensor next to the thermostat housing and installed the aftermarket temp sensor there but the gauge reads 10 more than the scanmaster reading. maybe the sensor on top on the drivers side sensor would have been the better choice ...but maybe it is just my gauge....stay away from Marshall gauges:confused:

I bought a V.D.O gauge. It matches the rest of my other gauges. I would like to keep my O.E.M sensor because I replaced it about a year ago. Any other ideas or pictures of an install would be great.

Do you have a picture of yours installed?
I don't have a pic of one installed at the moment. But it will go here.

Attachments

• 1371917098225.jpg
    1371917098225.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 646
Yeah you can put it where 1fastcobra pointed out. You should be able to find an 1/2" probe with the correct resistance for the VDO gauge.
I put mine in the intake on the passenger side. The idiot light sensor came out.

I bought a V.D.O gauge. It matches the rest of my other gauges. I would like to keep my O.E.M sensor because I replaced it about a year ago. Any other ideas or pictures of an install would be great.

Maybe someone else can verify, but I think you have to use the sender that comes with the gauge. I don't think it would be calibrated properly with the OEM sender.

Yes u must use the sender that comes with the gauge.

Does anybody have a picture of how they hooked up their water temp gauge? Can I just splice into my stock water temp sensor or do I need a new sending unit? Not sure how to do it. Would like to also keep the idiot light on the dash. Any help or even better pictures would be great. Thanks.

Use the sender that comes with the gauge. If you really want to keep the idiot light buy a brass tee like the one here ....http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/33750.htm

Now you can use the idiot light sender and gauge sender in one location. Pretty sure its a 3/8" NPT all the way around. And don't forget to use a little teflon thread sealant on the tee and senders.

Will not have direct flow. Also may create an air pocket aswell. Just put it in the block. 123 all done.

Use the sender that comes with the gauge. If you really want to keep the idiot light buy a brass tee like the one here ....http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/33750.htm

Now you can use the idiot light sender and gauge sender in one location. Pretty sure its a 3/8" NPT all the way around. And don't forget to use a little teflon thread sealant on the tee and senders.
Hello guys any idea what the part number# for the temp sensor is for the vdo temp guage i know its an old thread but nees the help thanks!