You can type here any text you want

WB o2 questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JimG

I am curious about the WB 02 monitoring devices. I have looked at the Innovative site and see there are many options. I also had a look through this forum, but didnt find anything relevant.
Can someone enlighten me, please?
Presently, I am running a basically stock GN, using old direct scan for a scan tool. Would I benefit from having a wideband setup? Would I need to put in another sensor in exhaust stream? If so, where is best? Can this be installed with its own gauge independantly from ECM?
I understand that the info it provides is a far more precise indicator of A/F ratio, and is a great aid to tuning.
Thanks for any help offered. My apologies for my ignorance on this topic. Just trying to get educated.
Jim

Well there are many options depending on what you want to do. Either way you are stuck NOT being able to log the wideband with the direct scan... So if it's a gauge you're looking for then, I like PLX. PLX Devices Inc. - Electronics Engineered for Performance should get you there. I run the M300 but they have alot of nice products. One nice feature is that alot of widebands out there, including the M300, allow you to completly replace the stock sensor and wire the narrow band output from the wideband controller into the ecm so the ecm is getting the narrow band conversion of the wideband reading. Thats how I run mine. Another reason I like the PLX is because replacement sensors are available at autozone for a decent price, not to mention you dont have to deal with calibrating these sensors. Plug/wire it in and go...

Well there are many options depending on what you want to do. Either way you are stuck NOT being able to log the wideband with the direct scan... So if it's a gauge you're looking for then, I like PLX. PLX Devices Inc. - Electronics Engineered for Performance should get you there. I run the M300 but they have alot of nice products. One nice feature is that alot of widebands out there, including the M300, allow you to completly replace the stock sensor and wire the narrow band output from the wideband controller into the ecm so the ecm is getting the narrow band conversion of the wideband reading. Thats how I run mine. Another reason I like the PLX is because replacement sensors are available at autozone for a decent price, not to mention you dont have to deal with calibrating these sensors. Plug/wire it in and go...

I'm wondering how reliable a device that requires no calibration is? How's yours doing?

Works fine for me. Since it's the only o2 sensor in the car I really don't have anything to compare it to. The sensor used is actually a Bosch from a VW car of some sort so the car it actually came in would have no way to calibrate it either... i'm guessing the tolerances are tighter in that situation. I could be wrong though.

Works fine for me. Since it's the only o2 sensor in the car I really don't have anything to compare it to. The sensor used is actually a Bosch from a VW car of some sort so the car it actually came in would have no way to calibrate it either... i'm guessing the tolerances are tighter in that situation. I could be wrong though.

I see you're also running the Powerlogger/Scanmaster combo.

WBO2 logging and reading as you would expect? You using the PLX narrowband output to feed the ECM also? Got the WBO2 reading going to the scanmaster (from powerlogger)?

Yea, works great from what I can tell without another WB to compare to, been using it for almost 3 years now with no issues or bad sensors. The nice thing about the M300 is that it has a display similar to the scanmaster just alot faster so even before I had the PL/SM I was able to watch WB readings. Narrowband out runs to ecm o2 wire and wideband out runs to powerlogger, quick and easy. But it's definitely nicer to be able to watch the WB reading from the dash where the SM is instead of under the stereo where the WB display box is.

Back