You can type here any text you want

WB O2 sensor DOS vs Windows

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

I have win 98 on my laptop with CCom for Windows. Although I have never got the car running with THAT laptop connected I HAD made some of the start-up config changes made with it.

A friend came over and wanted to use his laptop which had the DOS version. We got the car started and ideling but the DOS laptop would not get AF reading. the Lambda sign was on and the reading was "stuck" at 15.94 no matter what changes we made.

Is it possible that because the first program that interfaced with the ECU was Windows based and that there is now a problem with it recognising the WB with the DOS laptop?

I have not yet got the car up and running and using the Windows laptop yet.

Nope. The problem is either that the car really is that lean or it is getting a poor airflow signal across the O2 sensor at idle, which is common in performance engines. I bet if you rev it up to 2000 or 3000 RPM it will show an a/f ratio.

Still no luck Craig

As I say, the WB SAYS it is connected and working but no numbers changing. We have significantly changed fuel supplynumbers and can here the car changing but the AF isstuck at 15.94.

Can the sensor be bad? What else should I do.

Any other ideas?

Back