You can type here any text you want

wb o2 wire question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SWOOOSH

im installing a FAST comp on my 86 GN.the harnes is from precision.it said to mach the wirers for the plug instalation. if i do that i will have a orange and red wirer left over any ideas? should this be like this if so what to do with the extra wirers?thanks:confused:

I forget all the colors, but there are two wires that go to a calibration resistor that is in the O2 sensor plug- if these wires aren't connected to the plug the ECM won't communicate with the O2 sensor.

There should be 7 wires going from the ECM to the plug, and 5 going from the plug to the sensor.

-Bob Cunningham

Are you using the O2 intermediate harness? This is the harness that looks like an extension cord for the O2 with a plug on each end. One plug matches the O2 sensor plug and the other plug looks like a fuel injector harness plug. If so, I usually cut the plug off the ecm side and sodder/heat shrink the wires directly to the O2 wires coming from the ecm. They should all match each other.
FWIW: I had a customer who cut the O2 plug off the extension harness. He then tried to hard wire the O2 sensor (stainless wires). When he cut off the plug he lost the resistor located inside it.

Back