Here is a list of more things I've seriously considered:
- Replace heavy stock carpet (maybe) -10lbs?
- lighter battery (mini ones don't last long and poor CCA, my current one is heavy though) -15lbs?
- replace spare tire well with aluminum sheet (maybe) -10lbs?
- lighter driveshaft (nope, I won't replace my Dennys 3.5") -10lbs?
- remove wiper assembly (nope, still drive it on the street, seems risky) -7lbs?
Just an update......car weighed 3195lbs with me last time at the track with helmet, fire jacket, fire pants, a duffle bag and laptop.
- I purchased a new carpet without the rubber insulation to replace my stock carpet. Estimated weight loss is 8lbs.
- I got an Al spare tire well sheet. Spare tire well will be cut out and replaced with this. I've read that it could save as much as 12lbs. We'll see.
- After some reading I bought a Deka ETX30L battery to try out. It weighs in a 22lbs and is about double the output of the last light battery I tried, an Odyssey PC680. It was only $100 so I'll give it a shot. My current Diehard PC1500 battery weighs in at 53lbs. I'm also going to ditch my Moroso battery box that weighs over 5lbs. Battery should save 31lbs and the box another 5lbs.
- I'm going to upgrade my XFI to internal logging. My laptop and Al stand weighs in at 7lbs and I won't need it to log a pass.
- My duffle bag that I keep in the car weighs in at a little over 5lbs even without my helmet and suit in it.
Thats 68lbs right there that would put me at 3125-3130 with driver. I'm also going to make sure I'm only running 4 gallons of gas or so in my fuel cell for each pass, which should shed a few more lbs. I'll update final weights when they are scaled.