You can type here any text you want

Weird? Intake Pic ...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
Well it's pretty much done... just have to make new throttle cbl bracket for the plenum... I did this because it didnt seem logical for me to fork out 350 rubles for something that flows the same as the LT1 tb.s we got laying all around the shop.

What do y'all think?

Phil_Intake.jpg

Intake plumbing should be fun... Oval bends are not pretty

Awesome!
Any round 4" band clamp will form to the oval just fine. I did it with the oval twin 57mm TB on my cobra when I made my own intake tube. You can get a 4" 90 degree rubber elbow and the band clamps from airflo.com

thanx...

I think im gonna try and just smash some Al pipe... ill see how that turns out. I think 4" pipe would form that oval... hmmmm... looks like im using 4" intake plumbing...

4" in, 5" out - big pipes are kooool :cool:

It was actually my old intake which keith built me awhile ago... when i redid the engine it was just sitting there all innocent and untouched. Since i changed everything else on the car, i figured why leave a "stock" SM intake alone.

So i chopped off the top, milled out a 0.5" Al base and a 0.25" flange for plenum and made a new plenum upper. I also took this time to add a PCV hole in there... I couldnt stand it sticking out of the VC hole

Then i got myself into this polishing competition with a local who does EXCELLENT polishing on his SY... so i ground all the welds down and whooped out the ol sanding paper. Needs more work but it's close - patience runs thin on 800grit torture :)

Phil

Sure is purty. Should be good for about 1/2 psi, too. Maybe a little less.

This is an early version of my intake tube. From the MAF forward everything was alot cleaner later on. This aluminum MAF and air filter were temporary.
The TB is practically the same as yours and it fit pretty tight. So your slightly smaller TB will be just perfect with the 4" elbow. This is just a 4" elbow and band clamps from airflo.com. There is a 4" to 3.5" reducer from Home depot. The PCV elbow is a rainbird sprinkler piping piece, where I attached the factory hose to it and then drilled and threaded the intake tube to attach it. The tubing is 4" polycarbonate from mcmaster.com. I later had made my own IAT sensor mount for it. Whole thing cost about 25 bucks. They charge ten times that for an inferior product.

tube222456AA.jpg

PhilM said:
Well it's pretty much done... just have to make new throttle cbl bracket for the plenum... I did this because it didnt seem logical for me to fork out 350 rubles for something that flows the same as the LT1 tb.s we got laying all around the shop.

What do y'all think?

Phil_Intake.jpg

Intake plumbing should be fun... Oval bends are not pretty
it better run as good as it looks, LOL

At this point ill be quite happy with *running* If i get to drive it, well thats a plus too

That rubber inlet looks good but those fod inlets arent under pressure...- it's before any turbo (or charger there)... I think 25-30psi might turn that into a balloon? is that thing even rubber?

that doesn't look like a stock style plenum base, not height but size wise and such. How wide is the LT-1 throttle body and how tall with the IAC and such attached? I've always wanted to put one on my turbo6 but without one in hand I can't do much of a design for it.

Thanks,

PhilM said:
At this point ill be quite happy with *running* If i get to drive it, well thats a plus too

That rubber inlet looks good but those fod inlets arent under pressure...- it's before any turbo (or charger there)... I think 25-30psi might turn that into a balloon? is that thing even rubber?
Its a turbo inlet for diesel motors. Its a rubber piece. You may be able to pick up an aluminum TB pipe for a 99-01 cobra or later model Mach 1 mustang from Vortech or Paxton. They both have the same TB. It would likely take minimal modification to make it work, given the angle is correct, and at a downward slope. They also come with bungs for bypass or blowoff valves.

Back