Well guess what!

I have some family members including a brother that is on the wrong side of the tracks and Ive tryed to walk away from him, but I do need to help him cause I remember who he once was.

I was going to chime in here by giving scenarios, examples, from experience in law enforcement as to why cops do what they do. After 15 years of law enforcement, the one thing I have learned is that you can give examples,scenarios,etc. and people will still think what they want to think about cops. I have come to learn that our job is a necessary evil. Thats it. If we get shot, its just our job. If we shoot, we get scrutinized. If we are proactive, we are aggressive punks who got kicked around in school. If we are not proactive, we are lazy. We are only cool when we stop you, dont look into what you may be up to,and dont give you a ticket for the red light you just ran. I am done because i dont think anything I say will make a difference but I will leave you with this video. You may not agree with this mans political views but I think he puts it like it is!!

I was going to chime in here by giving scenarios, examples, from experience in law enforcement as to why cops do what they do. After 15 years of law enforcement, the one thing I have learned is that you can give examples,scenarios,etc. and people will still think what they want to think about cops. I have come to learn that our job is a necessary evil. Thats it. If we get shot, its just our job. If we shoot, we get scrutinized. If we are proactive, we are aggressive punks who got kicked around in school. If we are not proactive, we are lazy. We are only cool when we stop you, dont look into what you may be up to,and dont give you a ticket for the red light you just ran. I am done because i dont think anything I say will make a difference but I will leave you with this video. You may not agree with this mans political views but I think he puts it like it is!!

i got you
But
the way i see it is do your job and leave all the unnecessary BS out.
Example - Where are the drugs??? that is just plain STUPID- you /him thought he was a drug dealer? do what you have to do to check according to law and leave the stupid BS out End of story.
i always get/ got the ticket (except once) -- SHUT THE F UP give me the ticket and get the hell out of my face i have NO love for all the extra tough guy BS.
The part i never get/got is-- Why deliberately make enemies of regular people?????
I would bet that the thread OP. wouldn't pee on this guy (cop) if he was on fire, i wouldn't.

i got you
But
the way i see it is do your job and leave all the unnecessary BS out.
Example - Where are the drugs??? that is just plain STUPID- you /him thought he was a drug dealer? do what you have to do to check according to law and leave the stupid BS out End of story.
i always get/ got the ticket (except once) -- SHUT THE F UP give me the ticket and get the hell out of my face i have NO love for all the extra tough guy BS.
The part i never get/got is-- Why deliberately make enemies of regular people?????
I would bet that the thread OP. wouldn't pee on this guy (cop) if he was on fire, i wouldn't.

So TURBOPOWERED,

I was completely on Goat's side until he brought the seedy, scummy side of HIS own family into all this.

HIS name is tainted by the those people.

One, by his own admission, being his brother is someone he continues to defend and "help".

You sleep with dogs, you get fleas. That's how it works.

Perhaps Goat ,and you, should grow up and get over your "bad" selves and start respecting police officers, a concept more than one of Goat's family members doesn't seem to be able to comprehend and all it resulted in is trouble for Goat.

It's not hard to see why the cop entered his name in the system and then became wary of him.... but you somehow don't see that. Is it that big a mystery to you?

Still not trying to be an ass here, but it is what it is, and Goat seems to be just a little to the left of the right side in all of it.

I'm jus' sayin'...........

"A man is known by the company he keeps"........

So TURBOPOWERED,

I was completely on Goat's side until he brought the seedy, scummy side of HIS own family into all this.

One, by his own admission, being his brother is someone he continues to defend and "help".

Perhaps Goat ,and you, should grow up and get over your "bad" selves and start respecting police officers, a concept more than one of Goat's family members doesn't seem to be able to comprehend and all it resulted in is trouble for Goat.

It's not hard to see why the cop entered his name in the system and then became wary of him.... but you somehow don't see that. Is it that big a mystery to you?

Still not trying to be an ass here, but it is what it is, and Goat seems to be just a little to the left of the right side in all of it.

that last line is the truth.. i haven't had any trouble with cops giving me attitudes since i stopped hanging out with all the druggies, thieves, and wanna be thugs that i used to hang out with. a few years back when i was back in the town where i grew up i did run into one cop that used to give me a hard time and just be a general dick to me, and he told me that every cop in the area knew i wasn't into all the stupid stuff that people in my social circle were into. i asked him why i was always getting pulled over and harassed if they knew i wasn't like that, and his answer was that there was that it's just how they operate.. i told him how wrong that was and walked away.

So TURBOPOWERED,

Respect is a two way street.
Cop - licence and registration
Guy - here you go
Cop - Where are the drugs = Disrespect
Guy - any answer is fair game.
Cop - but hurt and down hill in a hurry.
GREAT JOB. Give this guy a metal.

Also
Cop - licence and registration
Guy - WTF for = Disrespect
Cop - any answer is also fair game.
Make sure this gets a ticket.

BTW
Did asking "where are the drugs?" make them Magically appear? What does asking "where are the drugs?" accomplish besides trying to provoke some one.
How exactly did asking where are the drugs help the cop do his job?
That is just a POS move.

I have gotten pulled over a lot of times and have always gotten the ticket- i don't have a problem with that. I phucked up - got busted - got the ticket - went on my way. The problem has always been the extra BS just like in this situation.

great story. no matter what race you are cops still suck when you own a TR.

i've only ever been pulled over in my TR once in the 8 years i've owned it- last summer, a rookie cop didn't know that you don't need a front license plate if you have collector plates in MN.. after a cordial "yes sir, no sir" back and forth, i explained the law to him and he let me on my way. he didn't even ask for my license or insurance card..

The whole point is you shouldnt judge someone because of what kinda car they are driving. I help cause he is my brother, but its ok cause I promise my familys name is not tainted by him. I have never got him out of jail and have halfway got him straighten out.

I got a great job and nice house. I did this on my own with no help and lots of hard work. Hell Im fixing to start my own inspection company. So I do think for 26 Im doing really good for myself.

The whole point is you shouldnt judge someone because of what kinda car they are driving. I help cause he is my brother, but its ok cause I promise my familys name is not tainted by him. I have never got him out of jail and have halfway got him straighten out.

I got a great job and nice house. I did this on my own with no help and lots of hard work. Hell Im fixing to start my own inspection company. So I do think for 26 Im doing really good for myself.

I think you are, too!

Keep up the good work.

Who gets called when the excrement hits the air circulation device? Law Enforcement !

Last 9 times I've been pulled over (7 speeding, 1 running a red light, 1 no inspection, guilty on all counts) I've got zero (0)
tickets!!! Thought for sure I would a couple times - guys were real jerks. Everything is "Yes, Officer", "No, Officer", all
polite, all respect. Not sure if it works, but I haven't got a ticket in a while!

Check out the story I just posted about getting pulled over in the lounge. Didnt want to thread jack boss.

mouthed off to a cop who was following me around town and ended up getting a ticket for an infraction i didn't even commit. pleaded not guilty and the state attorney told me that I had to pay half the ticket just because of what I said. i was beyond pissed but decided not to push the boundries any further.

now it's all smiles, no sir, yes sir, and it seems to be working so far:)

I never use 'yes sir' 'no sir' unless I really figure on getting a ticket anyways. I treat any leo just like I would a neighbor. A friendly greeting, listen to their side, and then change the subject if I see an opening!;) From hundreds of stops, I've only gotten dozens of tickets.:D

The only thing I do different with a traffic stop than I would otherwise, is before they ever approach my vehicle I turn on every interior light if it's dark. It gives them access without the distraction of aiming a flashlight, and a sense of security from the beginning. I also always keep both hands on the wheel until they ask me to do something with them. Other than turnning the lights on, I don't even get my license, reg, and insurance out before I'm instructed. No excessive movements before or during their presence other than what promotes their own feeeling of security in the situation.

Of course, ever since I've been posting on a certain netboard, in the political section, full of cops and feds, that I've pissed a few of Off!, I haven't been pulled over even when I should have been, unless in somebody elses car. Things that make you go, Hmmm...