Well guess what!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I guess where I live you got to be a drug dealer to own one a "regal" as the cop said this morning. I was being nice till he asked me where the dope was in my car. Then I went off and told him he needed to check my resume I make enough money to pay salary 4 times in one year (Now I know now I shouldnt have said that and I admit I was angry for being called a drug dealer). I told him I had a 380 in the glove box and gave him my concealed license. I forgot I had 2 grand in the glove box (thought I took it in the house last night) I was going to go buy a 4x4 today for my sister so I had to go by the bank yesterday and pull the money. Now he was in full mode Im a drug dealer cause theres a gun and 2 grand in cash right there and started the 500 questions thing.

To make matters worse my mother is driving by and stops and asked whats is going on! Cop kinda gets loud with her and I just turn around and look at him and simply said just remember her son is right here and Im one of 8 so your going to treat her with some respect right cause I not as nice as the rest of them? (the smallest brother to at 5'7" and 245lbs not sayen Im a big guy, but Im the smallest outta my brothers) His attitude changed alot. (Mom owns 11 bars here) The sergent that showed up knew my mother and jumped the cops ass when he heard me get loud with him and asked me to relax that he had it taken care of and made the other cop sit in the patrol car so he could calm things down.

He came and talked to me about the gun and told him everything and why the money was in there and showed him to receipt from pulling the money out of the bank. So everything was good and my mother had finally left. (nothing worse then being 26 years old and having your mother stop in when your pulled over and pissed off already and then a rookie cop getting loud with her)

Now He looks at me and goes your Dad would be happy to see ya driving his car and I asked who he was cause I dont ever remember seeing him around his shop or nothing. He said I come to your mom's bar all the time and I knew who you was when ya got here and wasnt going to say nothing till afterwards until you got hot and I didnt wanna have to take ya to jail over that and said I could go, but he would be around.

So I left and came home and got fussed out over the phone by my mom for being pulled over...

That's tough when your not riding dirty. Being accused of something you didn't do. But yeh the next person he stopped could have been the same situation, gun and money in the glove box and just committed murder. Cop takes the guy off the street and is praised.
People don't realize how many CRIMINALS are taken off the street with a traffic stop that just didn't seem right.
As for your mother, she did what any mother would do if they seen their son pulled over. But the ROOKIE did what any cop would do that did not know either party.
Every body wants cops to be proactive but don't want to take part in it.

I am not trying to bust your balls an I know your just venting, but I can't say I would have done anything different. Money and guns are a pretty good indicator that something isn't right.
There are just too many factors that were present and am sorry for your inconvenience. Stay safe and enjoy the Buick.

Been there plenty of times (less the gun)
Dad owned a body shop so i always had nice looking cars.
Some people just can't handle other peoples success especially a young /younger persons.

I am as nice to cops as I can be... I give them 100% respect... However I may have told when where to go... Would he have said the same if it was a 6? vette? Oh, the stereotypes burn me up....

Been there plenty of times (less the gun)
Dad owned a body shop so i always had nice looking cars.
Some people just can't handle other peoples success especially a young /younger persons.

Oh, yeah. I always have nice rides. Same here, I had one cop in my home town pulled my dozens of times for no good reason.... Only managed to give me one ticket, window tint, I had a HP officer walk him out to my car that morning of court and ask him was he crazy, tint was legal... His name, no BS, was John Wayne something... I didn't like his old azz no more than he liked me:D

I normally give them respect till he asked me where the drugs were. I keep a gun or guns in all my vehicles. I was orignally pulled over cause when the car shifted it chripped a tire.

I seen him this morning when I went to get gas and just waved at him being friendly and surprised me but he waved back.

I was a reserve officer for a couple of years while in college (carried a S&W 681, loved that gun!). I've seen both sides. Most cops are good people. Then you have the younger guys who write tickets 90% of the time or they think they aren't doing their job.

A lot of the time, I found the offender's attitude can be a good indicator of what will happen. I've witnessed plenty of people who got tickets instead of warnings due to attitude.

Sometimes you will get a ticket no matter what, so I'm nice anytime I get pulled over.

so why, exactly, did you let him find out that you had that much money in the glove box?
a few "yes sir" and "no sir" responses to his questions would have gotten you on your way without having to have your mommy defuse the situation or getting your car searched without a warrant...

Unfortunately, you get d*ckhedz in every profession.
I've been pulled over in my G/N off-duty
& I get really upset when my integrity is challenged :mad:
what REALLY pisses me off is when a rookie makes a complete ass of himself beforehand
& then says something brilliant to me like "Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were a cop!":confused:
Like somehow its okay to treat citizens like crap from the get go
Sorry for your embarrassment & sorry that your family had to witness it
That silly Constitution is always screwing things up, innocent until proven guilty!
What a nutty concept, pretty soon people will think that the government was established to,protect our freedoms and defend our rights!
Do_O

so why, exactly, did you let him find out that you had that much money in the glove box?
a few "yes sir" and "no sir" responses to his questions would have gotten you on your way without having to have your mommy defuse the situation or getting your car searched without a warrant...

Mommy didnt bail me out first off there I was just fine. When you tell a cop there is a gun in the car the automatically secure it for their safety. I just forgot the money was in there.

I was being nice and cool till I was accused of being a damn drug dealer.

I'm surprised he didn't tell you to get out of the car and to stop clenching

Why don't you read what he posted instead of being a dick about it... His "mommy" didn't defuse anything... This was a little uncalled for IMO nova....