You can type here any text you want

Went deer Huntin' today.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
My best friend and I are always going back and forth on whose car is faster and bla bla. Well, My car has pretty much been out of commission for about the past 4 months due to a bad Cam and Coil pack and other stuff (Does it ever end?) so I've been hearing his sh!t about how his car is the fastest Bolt-on Impala (W/O N2O)in the state of Florida (And It is, 13.75@99mph w/1.85 60') and how his motor is still going with 142K and no rebuilt. It's a 95 SS Impala. He's like the king of the local street race areas here in our part of town (cause I don't go and all their is is ricers and crappy rustangs).

I've been buggin him ever since last week when I finally switched cams and coil pack and got the car tuned for 14psi. Well, I guess he just about had it with my sh!t so he gave me a call today at about 11 a.m. and we meet up at a local "warehouse" street race place nearby.

We both let our cars cool down for about 20 min. and then lined up. I was full street trim (235/60, 14psi, pump gas) and he was full race trim except for his 275/50 BFG DR’s, which he left at home. We both took air out of our tires ( I went down to 22 psi :eek: )for some extra traction.

We did our burn outs, and then lined up. I held the brakes and brought the rpm's up to about 3,200 (still zero boost in my car)

1st honk, 2nd honk, 3rd honk and were of. I hook! And instantly have half a car by the end of First. Second gear comes in and I fish tail a little but extend the lead to 1 1/2 cars when it hooks! Third gear comes in and I easily have at least 2 1/2 to 3 cars on him (I'd say at about 80-85 or so) and still pulling so I let off.

He's one of these people who hates to lose and always has something theoretical to say that makes you think: "Damn, he's right, Fu**er) So he saids, "2 cars, 3 cars, thats it? This a big 4 door bla bla bla w/ bla bla".

On the way back home, we both catch a red light and line up again. Green light comes up and we’re off.

Again, same result. I had 2 cars by 65 or so.

But this wasn't enough for him. He wanted to see more Buick taillights (this time from a different angle I guess) so we went to
another spot, let the cars cool a bit, and lined up.

He was saying that he was spinning to much and I was hooking, so I decided to build 2 psi just to spin some tire for him and shut him up.

1...2...3.......Were of. I spun all the way threw the middle of second and still was able to stay next to him while doing it and when I hooked, pulled 2 cars on him and then shut it down.

This should shut him up for a while (or maybe not). I can't wait to throw on the slicks and fill up with C16 w/ 22psi to see what this baby will do. :eek:

Take care guys.

Good kills Jorge.

Your car the way it sits should be in the low 13's with traction the way it sits.

Add boost and tires, with a good tune. Mid to low 12's@110 ++ should be easily obtainable. With those times, you'll be hard pressed to find a impalla that can hang. Although in my case, i have heard and now know they are stronger on the bigger end of things(racing on a roll@ 70 plus) just like the z28 lt1/ls1 cars.

Alex

Alex, I'm shooting for what ever I can get without going over 22 PSI. I still have some what of a stock bottom end with the "tape-up" job that I did when I spun two bearing in Feb. so I don't want to push it. I'm at 152 K whitout a full rebuilt. Plus, I think my Intercooler won't be able to handle more than that amount efficiently. If I had a Front mount, and a 9" converter, I'd be in the 11's like you at 24-25 psi.

Yeah, I should be able to handle all of SOFASST except for Mr. Perez. (10.30 @ 130something?)

Later.

YOU HAVE MAIL....

hey turbojorge..just sent you an e-mail...AKA private message

Back