You can type here any text you want

went to atlanta dragway tonight

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trophystock

Well I took the TTA out to atlanta for a few base line runs. With me locking the converter it ran a 13.89@103.28 with a pitiful 2.360 '60 time. I cant wait till I get a converter!!

You've got 13.1 already with a better launch. Rather than a converter, get some drag radials. The stock D5 will take you pretty far.

The problem is that I cant get up on the boost and it's a dog till about 70 feet. When I try to spool up the turbo it simply pushes the front of the car.

BULLLLLL :D

Stock converter, stock turbo..on Nitto's leaving at 3 PSI boost..1.66 60 foot. Typically 1.7-1.8 consistently.. You need them at 18-20 PSi air pressure and roast em.. Pull on the ebrake handle and flash the converter..dun it a bazillion times.

Leave the converter alone. If you want to leave at 15 PSI..then replace the rear pads to the raybestos and get some slicks..then you will have 1.60-1.65 consistently..

Also..need to up your boost and get that MPH up..102..yuck.. but glad to see you enjoying the car.. when I heard Commerce..I was hoping you went to the principles office cuase your ran 11.90...

Learn from those that have done what you want to do..its cheaper,easier, and requires less effort.

Also get your O2's at 770-780 or that MPH is gonna continue sucking :)

Scanmaster, thrasher 108 chip, 110 race gas, adj FPR reg, cat bypass, open the dump, some sticky tires..bada bing..done. Guaranteed at least 12.50's at 108-110 770's for O2's with a cool motor 150 degrees and 21 PSI boost. Easiest car in the world to mod..will run forever if you dont get KR..what else can I say..get your tune together/60 foot the car/ run alky and 23 PSi..low 12's are no problemo driven to the track..dun that a bazillion times..with better weather high 11's. I went 12.20's on a stock fuel pump and alky 22 PSI boost on 93 octane...

where do we get the best brake pads? I'll try the e-brake thing but its such a dog out of the hole. I wonder if I need to free up the exhaust to get the turbo to spool quicker? I know on the first two runs it fell on its face when I floored it (with lots of black smoke out the tail pipe) Took some fuel out of it (four pounds from 50 base to 46) and locked the converter and that when it gave me a 13.89 pass. It kinda cought me by suprise because the car shifted into OD about the 1100' mark.

OD.. ohh no.. you'll burn up the tranny racing it in OD..

heres the procedure..roast the sticky tires, pull up to the line in 2 nd gear, lock the converter, pump and mash the brakes hard, pull the e-brake hard and build up to 3-4 PSi..when you get 3-4 psi..floor and go..it will shift automatically into second..you then shift into 3rd at 4800 rpms..no higher..

Car in D will have higher line pressure and not slip clutches as bad. Od lowers the pressures..no no to race in OD. And less MPH

What chip/boost/gas are you running?

Originally posted by Razor
BULLLLLL :D

Scanmaster, thrasher 108 chip, 110 race gas, adj FPR reg, cat bypass, open the dump, some sticky tires..bada bing..done. Guaranteed at least 12.50's at 108-110 770's for O2's with a cool motor 150 degrees and 21 PSI boost. Easiest car in the world to mod..will run forever if you dont get KR..what else can I say..get your tune together/60 foot the car/ run alky and 23 PSi..low 12's are no problemo driven to the track..dun that a bazillion times..with better weather high 11's. I went 12.20's on a stock fuel pump and alky 22 PSI boost on 93 octane...

Hmm... I had that setup at my last track visit... NOT guaranteed 12.50:s... Just 12.87 :( Well... I had some old BFG DR at a 2.14 60 foot and no boost on the line. And a hot engine :) And 20.5 psi boost. But I had 110 mph. My engine goes hotter than usuall I think. Got to get that scanmaster to the next season, so I can see the O2:s! Now do I not have any idea of what the O2:s is.

Daniel

You guys are scaring me, going to the track without a scantool (driving the car for that matter) is just a waste of gas, tires, and oil. How can you even attempt to tune the car without a scantool of any type? I know, I tried it once. After 5 runs ranging from 13.8 to 14.9 I gave up and went home. By a scantool as it is much cheaper than an engine and is so much easier to hook up than it is to change headgaskets on a regular basis.

Well, I dont know if your post was pointed at me, but anyway, I dont go to the track without a knock gauge.

I have Caspers knock gauge, without that, i would never turn the boost up!

Daniel

mike, I think your a little off base with you stall suggestion, I was thinking about going for a 6500 stall as these little V6's make no torque:p

Back