You can type here any text you want

Went to Chassis Dyno, have question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by ijames
Hmm. Sounds reasonable as to hp and air. Any chance you had a wbo2 sensor to get the actual air-fuel ratio? Assuming this was with race gas and higher timing (25+ degrees) you could probably use 0.5 as the bsfc and calculate the actual airflow just to compare. Otherwise I'm out of ideas just now, sorry.

Wide band was present.
Car #1 13.7
Car #2 12.7

Timing was at 16 degrees (factory is 12)
110 Octane

I should mention this is a 135 CI 4 Cylinder?
But that should not really change anything, afterall it is just an engine, right?!

Engine size means next to nothing when the turbos are present. That being said.

The Air Flow Ratio on car #1 was WAY TOO lean. You need the AFR on car #1 to look more like car #2. A 12.5:1 ratio is pretty good for horsepower.

I agree that #1 was way lean, and #2 may be ok or may be a little lean. Some of the FAST tuners like 11.5-12.0 just to be safe, and I don't think very many at all run leaner than 12.5 on a regular basis. I don't know how efficient your head and chamber are so it's hard to comment on the timing. On the Buicks, they seem to like 20-30 degrees of timing depending on octane. 20 to 24 for 95-100 octane, 26 to maybe up to 28 with C16, and 30 degrees if you are really agressive or have a too-small turbo.

Back