Went to the track and.......

I had a very similar problem with my car. Ending up being exhaust leak at egr valve and loose header. I capped the egr and tightened header and I was able to build boost.

Rick

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I will check all my bolts and egr tomorow and at the same time i will check rpm at 0 psi of boost!

By the way guys thank you very much i apriciate everybody's input it all valuable to me!

I hope someone can answer me quick is there suposed to be a gasket between the exhaust turbo housing and down pipe???

To answer a question:
At 0 psi i hit 2600 rpm
Is that good or not enough??

Pretty close i think, yes u should eithr have a copper gasket or atleast hi temp rvt between them

my bad thats correct if ur using the stock elbow housing but aftrmarket dp flange needs something

I have a t-h down pipe i am going to put rtv is that ok?

No one has mentioned the O2? If you're completely dead out of the hole and it comes alive 60-100 ft out a bad O2 can cause it. Been there done that.

Wouldnt a bad o2 trigger a check engine light?

Just asking?

Wouldnt a bad o2 trigger a check engine light?

Just asking?

Yes and no. I've had it go both ways.

I have had a O2 go bad and the car would spit and sputter so bad you could not drive it and yes turn on the SES light.

And I have the car run fine except for just no power taking off very slow out of the hole unable to launch the car hard and no light. The Scan master would give some very odd O2 numbers as well. Change the O2 and back to racing. :D

Denso makes a good one. It handles race gas well but cant remember the part #

Who carrys denso and does anybody know the part number?