Went to the track for the first time 11.40@111

With practice you should be able yo get very low 1.50's off the footbrake.

The DR's are they MT or ??? If they are Nitto's or BFG's.. good luck.

Easy tire to deal with are the MT and the Hoosiers. Like a 275/60-15

And practice your burnouts, staging, reading the track, and launching.

The DR's are they MT or ??? If they are Nitto's or BFG's.. good luck.

Easy tire to deal with are the MT and the Hoosiers. Like a 275/60-15

And practice your burnouts, staging, reading the track, and launching.

Yup there 275/60 mt's I don't think I did a big enough burnout

Yup there 275/60 mt's I don't think I did a big enough burnout

Air them down to 15 PSI, do the burnout in the edge of the water not inside the water. You dont want water slinging into the wheel wells.. spin them until a small amount of smoke comes from both tires and let the car move forward.

Put the tires on top of the rubber patch on the track. If you can follow a pro car/drag car with slicks.. line up your tires over the patch he left.

Dont worry about whoever is lined up next to you. Dont worry about the tree.. clock starts when you break the beams.. so if it takes you 4 seconds to leave after it goes green.. it will be the same ET. You need to get into a comfort zone that takes some time and practice.

Try leaving at 4 PSI boost.. hold brakes hard.. needle hits 4 psi boost.. mat the pedal. If it blows the tires, leave with less.. if its lazy.. leave at higher boost.. Some cars like 5 psi.. some cars like 20 PSI.. too many factors.

patience is the killer.. you need to be patient.. and go often.

Hey guys. I'm going back to the track on the 29th. I'm going to empire dragway in Rochester,ny if anyone is interested. Great track and usually only gets 50 cars or so. I plan on a 10.6 before I leave and hopefully trapping 127-128. I trapped 101 prior in the 1/8 after spinning 10feet and letting out 100% and getting back in it. So hopefully that will go up to 103. Anyone with any pointers or wants to meet up let me know

Empire is in Leicester,NY.I may go out.I have to see if i can borrow a trailer this time.Last time i blew the trans and had an 1 1/2 drive home @30 mph at 3,200 rpm.Wasnt fun.

That would be awesome to see another tb there. I can't get my pm's to work or I'd pm pdzz and see if he wanted to go as well

That would be awesome to see another tb there. I can't get my pm's to work or I'd pm pdzz and see if he wanted to go as well

I would love to go!!! But, I'll be at BPG the 29,30th. Damn, just my luck...We'll catch up. I usually try to get at least one track rental together later on. Phil.

I may be able to head out...I may have company that weekend, so i'll have to see when they plan on getting into town...

Nate

For all of u that have been there this year. How are they about a sub 11.50 pass? 1 & done? Guy on the phone saidif he sees someone running the 1/8 and coasting the a 11.50 he'll boot them. Not good of that's true sence that was my plan. With one good run blasting out the back

Also. What do I need to run there besides a helmet? Anything? Esta made me show them a firejacket or I couldn't run at all

run the 1/8 then shut it down,then you can roll the car out losing et but run it out the back door and see the mph.thats what i was doing,unless you want a bar/cage.some tracks will let a pass slide if they see a you made a real attempt to slow the car down others will toss you right away.last year before i put the car away on a 1.61 60ft i went 6.8 1/8 then light footed it to a 10.91 115.it gets to be a ballbreaker though.

Our tests w/the M/T engineers= tire temps to be 10-15* higher than track surface.
Air psi = Choose a baseline,[Suggested by the mfgr], then add/subtract @ 1-2psi, til et gets worse, or stops improving.
This is where GOOD instruments come in>>> IR temp ga, and an accurate tire psi gauge.
Don't forget the data record, too.