Western pa October Meet

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
Lets vote on an october meet. I vote for Rodney's in irwin for the week end of the 10/11 of oct.

Also don't forget to come on out to the only all Buick show on the east coast guys! We know many turbo Buick's are driven and raced so don't worry about having a 100 point show car to be in the show. Come out out put your GN in the show and enjoy the racing all day! At least you'll come home with something! :cool: We would love to see a huge display of Buick's. I'm all set up for at least 200 cars so bring em out!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/north-eastern-area/292721-13th-annual-east-coast-buick-regionals-cecil-county-dragway-maryland-10-16-10-17-a.html#post2313403

Some pics!

Bill!

Still waiting for them pal! Photographer said it would take 4 to 6 weeks but to crave your enthusiam, I have posted some I took this evening! Enjoy gents! Also, Paging Jason! Need some tuning done pal! Let me know when you are free! I am in for the 18th @ Rodneys!

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_6423.jpg
    IMG_6423.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_6424.jpg
    IMG_6424.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6425.jpg
    IMG_6425.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6427.jpg
    IMG_6427.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6429.jpg
    IMG_6429.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 126
Very nice

Chris did a beautiful job on this car..it's good to have so many nice turbo buicks in our area...we'll have to get all the cars togather,not too many nice days left in western pa.. Winter is on it;s way....

Thank you and "Ode to Mr. Haines"!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

You know, it is nice to have such a tight knit GN family around here. Let me tell you guys a little story about a person named Bill Haines.

I ran into Bill a little over a month and a half ago... First time I met him. Of course, we talked about nothing but GNs! :D I told Bill that I was trying to get my car done for my wedding and that I was trying to scoop up some last minute parts. One of the parts on my list was all 3 Grand National badges and the intercooled badges. You guys know that these badges are pricey as hell. So...

We move to a few days later. I get this phone call from a number that I dont recognize so I let it go to voicemail. I listen to the voicemail and who is it, but Mr. Haines. He calls to tell me that with him making a GNX clone out of his car, that he no longer needs his GN badges or the intercooled ones. He asks me to call back if I am interested. Hell yeah, I am! :biggrin:

So I call Bill back. Long story short... Bill knows that you cant have a Grand National in a wedding without the badges so... he meets me @ the Sheraton in Greensburg ( I was there for last minute preps for the wedding reception) and drops off all the badges plus the fender template to place them in the correct location. When I ask him what he wants for them, his response is "Go ahead and install them on the car. You have a wedding to pay for. You let me know what you think they are worth and we will square up later." How many people do that? :cool:

My hat is off to Mr Haines for what he did for me. As you can see from my pics, the badges are on the car and they were also on the car when I drove it to my wedding!

I want to say thank you again Bill for helping me achieve a 6 year long goal! It really meant a lot to me! When I see you on the 18th, you are getting your cash! :biggrin:

Chris

haines-badges

we don't need no stinken badges!

btw
he makes good

blueberry pancakes if you catch him at the right time of the morning

Chris let me know when you want to do some tuning. I am pretty much free all the time. I usaly just need a days notice.

Pancakes!

Blueberry pancakes!!!!???!!! Maybe we should have our the October meet @ Bill's house on a Sunday morning... say 8:00 am. :D JK Bill.

Jason,

Still have your cell #. the weather is supposed to be a little tempermental for the next few days. I was thinking maybe either tomorrow or Sunday sometime? Thoughts?

Chris