Western pa October Meet

BLMs

Yeah. I am running the PTE chip. I actually got 3 of them with the turbo I bought for the car. I was thinking that as well. I do have a Caspers chip that I pulled out of the car but I didnt want to have to send it back to John to have him pull fuel out of it. It is an interesting intake that I have on this car. Using a stock style 84-85 intake but it is set up like and 86-87 style on the top... if that makes sense. Uses the 86-87 style throttlebody. If I not mistaken, my long term BLM started out around 105 and was around 118 when we finished tuning. I think short term was 128. Now that I think about it, I dont think I ever set the IAC up. I put the the 62 mm TB on the car and never verified that the IAC counts were in spec with the car @ a 500 RPM idle. IAC counts were @ damn near 70. Maybe that could be my issue with my throttle stumble and stalling after throttling it in park.

Chris

on an 86/87 car your iac should be in the 0 to30 range. What i was saying about the intake has nothing to do with the TB its the intake design it dose not flow nearly as much air as the 86/87 intake and may be over fueled with the 50lb inj.at idol. Second that car should not idol at 500rpm that is way to low for those inj. 700 to 825 range is normal that might be the problem. Check out turbotweak.com for a chip that has some adjustability to it. You can change fueling and timing from the drivers seat of your car ive used just about every chip out there and none compare to the TT chip.

Jay,

The car idles @ like 800 to 900 right now. That is when the IAC counts are close to 70. What chip do you recommend? I am think maybe just a straight street chip. Also, any idea what would cause the throttle linkage to stick? It is not mechanical related as the throttle does not stick until the car is warmed up. Very weird. There is definitely something going on because of the off idle stumble and stalling if I throttle the car. That was why I was suspecting the TB.

Chris

The chip you want is a Turbotweak chip @www.turbotweak.com. Your stumble is more than likely the way the software was written in your chip. Eric Marshal is the guy who owns the company he is very good and if you tell him what the car is doing he could point you in the right direction. My car had a horrible off idol stumble and tip in problem and as soon as i switched to his chip it was gone. My old chips were red armstrong they worked good but no where near as perfect as the Turbotweak chip.

Contacted Eric @ Turbo Tweak

Posted a link on turbotweak website for Eric. Will see what his thoughts are. I just want to get this damn thing tuned so I can drive a little before the fun PA weather kicks in!

If he dosent get back to you right away id call its easer to explain what its doing over the phone than the internet.

Response from Eric

Well,

I told Eric what the deal was with the car. He thinks the chip I have is ok. He is also leaning towards the IAC setting as well. Joe and I are planning on working on the beast again on Monday. As for Sunday, both Joe and I are planning on attending! Noon! You know, the game starts @ 1pm...

zilka and you should know that the tps sensor setting is fine at 4.8xxx on top-
the higher the better

just know that once it reaches 4.9 v it will throw a code- so keep it at less like 4.88 0r something

Trust me John, I knew that but all the TPS I set were around 4.55 to 4.60 @ WOT. Although, they were the "perfect" TPS from the all mighty Advance Auto! :biggrin:

I also new that it would throw a code as well. Just couldnt remember whether it was 4.9 or 4.8. Give me a break, I am old! :D

Spank

tps 4.6 to 4.8

the 4.8x tps from advance auto or anywhere can be done by wallowing out the oblong holes for more movement

then any tps can achieve this setting

you guys still meeting on the 18th? my GN is down awaiting a new turbo. i guess my home rebuild wasn't that good. i only got 600 miles out of it and it started smoking but now i have an excuse to move up to a 67. i hope to have it later this week.

i haven't had the Goat out for a while with the crappy weather so if it's nice i might be able to swing it.

ryan

67 or 62?let your mods decide

Ryan its my personal belief that a 62mm turbo will be all you'll ever want and more for the street and track.

unless you have 3400 or above stall converter and or a non lock up tranny
with big heads and a big cam or a 30 over block -
a 67 comes in to late with a stock combo with no bottom end until the end of 1st gear right before the shift to 2nd