Western pa October Meet

Sunday

Sunday could work. I know I have a B-day party @ like 2pm to go to and the arent the Stillers playing @ 1? Maybe sometime in the morning? Would you be interested in coming out to my house?

Chris

Sure, give me a call on saturday to make sure i will be able to come out. What are you using to tune with [scanmaster,ect.]?

J,

That is the thing. The only thing I have is a F.A.S.T. wideband O2 data logger. Other than that, not much.

Chris

You need something to scan the car wether it be a lap top and software, an otc 4000 obd1 scaner, or a scanmaster. You need one of those to tune the car or it will never be set up properly. The scanmaster is best cause it reads degrees of timming retard and will tell you if your knocking. Your wide ban is great for adjusting your fuel but with out something to scan the cars sensors with we cannot tune your car. I wouldnt realy pound the car till you get something to watch knock.

J,

I knew that. I guess I was hoping that you had a laptop. :frown: its cool. Let me see if I can dig up some funds to buy a Scanmaster and we will go from there. Thanks pal!

Chris

pulled the heads tonight.

Attachments

• jasons 180 (Medium).jpg
    jasons 180 (Medium).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 90
Season ending...

:frown:I noticed that too. I was there for about 2 hours or so. I need to get over to you guys ans introduce myself! I saw John but never got a chance to come over. Who owns the Chrysler 300? That thing sounds nice! Did anyone pic a time for the meet this Sunday?

Chris

yeah you should have come over. The 300C does sound good, it is stagemonster's buddies.

Jay - changing the radiator fluid was super easy. Only thing is that their is about 2 quarts of it on my garage floor (the pan I used was a pos). I just through cat liter over it. I added about 4-5 quartzm let it run for about 8 minutes. So she should be good for winter.

Update on tuning

Ok kids,

So. I had my buddy Joe come over with his laptop to tune the 85. Here is what we found:

* Car is still running a little rich but is ok. Static pressure @ 42 PSI
* Found a vaccuum leak... good ole' golf tee took care of that! :)
* IAC counts are @ like 66-68 (way to high)
* TPS voltage (.45 @ idle, 4.80 @ WOT) WOT a little high too.
* Throttle body is still acting funny... holds open a little until you kick it
down like you would a carb. acts like return spring is not pulling throttle
plate back.

If you throttle the car after it gets to operating temp, it still stalls out. Very hard to start after that.

Joe and I are thinking that my throttle body is bad. I bought it off of someone here a long time ago. It is the stock throttle body bored out to a 62MM.

Also, I am runnning 50lb injectors in the car. Think they may be a little too high for my combo? Thought of going down to 42's. Just thinking out loud...

Thoughts?

Chris

50lbers should work fine if your chip is working them properly i saw in your sig that you have a pte chip. If i were you i would get a chip with some adjustability[turbotweak] that way you can add fuel of pull fuel. Plus ive also heard of cars with the 84/85 intake having fueling problems. What are your BLMs.

yeah you should have come over. The 300C does sound good, it is stagemonster's buddies.

Jay - changing the radiator fluid was super easy. Only thing is that their is about 2 quarts of it on my garage floor (the pan I used was a pos). I just through cat liter over it. I added about 4-5 quartzm let it run for about 8 minutes. So she should be good for winter.

You should be good for the winter.