You can type here any text you want

What aftermarket crank?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just curious, why are the aftermarket cranks so all of a sudden worth the price of gold ?.............did somebody f it up for the rest of us ?

First of all, we never use 6.500" rods in a Buick.

Pistons are custom built to our specs.

No girdle, but it is hard-blocked, has steel caps and copper head gaskets. It was built to be reliable at high 9's.:biggrin: [Probably mid-9's near sea level instead of here in the desert!]

Special machining and other work is involved.

Just curious, why are the aftermarket cranks so all of a sudden worth the price of gold ?.............did somebody f it up for the rest of us ?

Eagle was selling the cranks. I think they were buying the raw forging from China and finishing them here. Then CAT started selling the cranks but everything was done in China cheap. So Eagle stopped selling them because everyone was buying the CAT ones. So CAT was the only selling cranks.........

Then CAT goes out of business......End result = no cranks.

On a side note, no one owns the forgings/castings for the V6 Buick cranks so anyone can have the cranks made.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I called DLS and told me it will be a bit before he gets more cranks. I will get one of his when they are available. Thanks.

And I called Eagle, and they told me low volumes was the cause of the production holt. I wish they would of known that this was a smaller run and keep making them so people that need them will be able to get one. Good thing we have DLS.

I called DLS and told me it will be a bit before he gets more cranks. I will get one of his when they are available. Thanks.

And I called Eagle, and they told me low volumes was the cause of the production holt. I wish they would of known that this was a smaller run and keep making them so people that need them will be able to get one. Good thing we have DLS.

Did he give you an ETA on the cranks?

Not really. He said there is no way to give an ETA. It maybe months befor he sees any.

Back