You can type here any text you want

What are biggest tires that can go on stock rims?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

What are the biggest tires that can fit on stock rims without any problem? What are the best tires, considering stickyness and longevity, for our cars on stock rims? I'm considering tirerack.com's Eagle F1 GS-D3 245/50/16 (biggest they have) at $150 a pop. Anyone have a better idea? I want tires that will give me max performance at the trach and atleast last me 12,000 miles on the road. Thanks guys!

Theyre all 245/50 16

Get the Nitto 555 drag radial if your planning on racing at a track. The BFG drag radial works well, but last 1/3 of the Nitto.

If you want to get serious, go and buy some ET Streets from M/T or the QTP from Hoosier and put those on a spare set of wheels. Then use your Eagles for daily driving, swap tires at track.

You can get 1.6 60 foot times on the Nitto's.. not consistently tho. Typically 1.8-1.9. Depending on track and conditions. Drivers seat time plays a major role.

If you only go to the track once a year, dont expect a 1.6

Really can't go wrong with the Nitto Drag Radial(245/50/16). I've used those tires on a couple of cars and they've lasted 15K on my old WS6 and 13K on the TTA. But the TTA tires still had plenty of tread left, a nail in the sidewall took care of those though.

I used them for everyday driving, even when in the rain. They are fine in everything except snow ;)

M&H made 305/40/16 that will fit on the stock wheels. Only really good at the track because of the tread pattern and the big bulge. Don't know if they still make those or not but they came out in the '80's with that tire.

mickey thompson drag radials look good, buddy just got his in , but hasn't had any seat time yet......

If you run across a pair of front rims, they have less backspacing (1/2") and will stick out jsut a touch allowing for wider tires and no rubbing on the inside. I have 26-11.50-16 M/T ET-Streets mounted on some and absolutely no rubbing, when they were mounted on the rear rims they would rub ever so slightly when turning (nothing to really worry about though). HTH

Back