What are YOU Giving Up??? To Save $$?

Agent86

"Would You Believe..."
Exactly how it reads. What are you giving up, or have gived up to save MONEY IN THESE TOUGH TIMES? And there's more to come....

I'll start 1st-

My 2nd Gym Membership- I have the YMCA for my family and a Golds Gym for myself. I'm giving up Golds Gym. My membership is $55 a month- and at a year, that's $660.00 post tax dollars.

Also, my video subscription to Howard Stern on Demand. That's 14.00 a month. That's another $168 post tax dollars. That's a little over $800 bucks for the year savings.;)

What about you guys? Oh, I also gave up eating a lot of Red Meats (expensive steaks, and all) And I also feel better, and my digestive system is thankful....:D

Well I have only been deer hunting ever other weekend (Long season here and SC), and driving my Buick La Saber instead of my truck. I have also been taking my lunch to work instead of going out. I also did not take my boat out all year.

Jim

Ive been almost ready to buy me a used diesel :eek: truck.......better keep driving the 27 mpg Taurus a little while longer:mad: .
not eating out much, put a frig here at the shop to save on lunches.

Exactly how it reads. What are you giving up, or have gived up to save MONEY IN THESE TOUGH TIMES? And there's more to come....

I'll start 1st-

My 2nd Gym Membership- I have the YMCA for my family and a Golds Gym for myself. I'm giving up Golds Gym. My membership is $55 a month- and at a year, that's $660.00 post tax dollars.

Also, my video subscription to Howard Stern on Demand. That's 14.00 a month. That's another $168 post tax dollars. That's a little over $800 bucks for the year savings.;)

What about you guys? Oh, I also gave up eating a lot of Red Meats (expensive steaks, and all) And I also feel better, and my digestive system is thankful....:D

I didn't figure you needed to save any money, :biggrin:

I have plenty of cash to play with, and $0.00 credit debt at all. And I'm very young still, with plenty of time left to work and enjoy myself before retirement.

Still spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.:biggrin: Doing my part to keep the economy going.:rolleyes:

I was thinking of bringing my own lunch to work everyday too- I work in an office and spend nearly 17 dollars a day on food- About 11.00 for lunch and $6.00 usually for breakfast- what a waste of money.

I can save lots of money if I start brown baggin more- we have a refrigerator at my job, so why not?

If they are dead don't give em up. Just quit payin them..:biggrin:

Unless they have a pimp.

I've had to cut back on my phone package, my cable package, watch my use of heat and a/c, and have cut back on pleasure gasoline use.

Still spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.:biggrin: Doing my part to keep the economy going.:rolleyes:

Me too. I figure I'll go down with the ship.

Seriously, though. I haven't really given it too much thought. Heating bills are going to be killer this year, and they just raised my health care costs by another 50%. I need to take a serious look around at what I can cut back on. At the very least I'll probably have to stop seeing the UPS guy as often as I do.

Jim

I have given up as much as possible,if the job market doesn't straighten up soon i'll have to make the ultimate sacrifice,my g/n.This economy really put the hurt on the construction business :mad:

Everything I can everywhere.... I will be glad when this car is done, I am not buying anything else for at least a year... If we all make it that long:eek:

Wifes been driving the 07 Vette 30mpg on the highway
Her 99 Intrique only get 27mpg:tongue:
Really going back to the wood stove as primary heat this winter
Did not lock in my oil this this year, good thing it was $4.50/gal in july/August:eek:
I see yesterday oil was $86.00/barrel down 40%

I did a little of both. Unnecessary driving and driving the Jeep has been eliminated. My wife now drives the Lexus we bought and I'm driving the van. We are now both getting over 20mpg instead of only one of us. I love my Jeep, but at 12mpg it's now an occasional weekend vehicle. Taking my lunch to work, eating at home, etc. Still spending money tho.

Riding bike to work 2-3x a week (8 bucks a trip), rock gym membership, downgraded cable and got netflix.

I see yesterday oil was $86.00/barrel down 40%

The funny thing about that is that gas and heating oil prices don't come down with the price of crude. But they go up disproportionately when the crude price goes up.

Jim

Down graded cable
Lunch at home
No more restaurant family dinners
Cut back drives
Didn’t take the boat out at all this year
Bought Sweaters and sweat pants for the family as sleep wear.
I am seriously over doing it but I am trying to save for some of the killer deals that will start to show up come heating season.
I have seen boats drop about 30% and id like to pick up a 23-25 foot boat and dump my 19 footer, i have also seen some great deals on Hot Rod projects and parts. So I want to be armed with cash on hand when these deals start to show up.

I'm with TURBOPOWERED68, I've always lived well below my means, no wife or kids, so I haven't had to cut back. I'm stockpiling cash to jump on killer deals.