What can BPG do to get more cars at BPG Event

gbsean

Is it payouts
Safety/Tech Issues
Heat
Track

looking for constructive input please.

Heat , NHRA tech.
I have been to the BPG Nats every year it's been at Columbus . This year wasn't bad but some of them have been HOT !

My car passes tech but it is not cheap to keep the cage certified , renew NHRA license/membership and buy new belts every two years when this is probably the only place I will run my car that will require all of that . Doesn't keep me from coming but I know some out there who just stay home.

My take on BPG

I've been there as a spectator and was baking in the sun. My car passes tech so that's not a concern of mine. The heat is a big concern and so is track quality.

Bringing something back to Bristol would be nice.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Is it payouts
Safety/Tech Issues
Heat
Track

looking for constructive input please.

I woulld say it's not the payouts or time of year, but a small combination of the rest. I too would love to see a race back at Bristol

For me it's location. All the Buick events are well over 1000 miles away from us.

For me it's location. All the Buick events are well over 1000 miles away from us.

x2. I'm no tso racer, but all the Buick events are 600 to 1000 miles away from me. I don't think there is anything really in the midwest except for BPO events here and there but no class racing at those events. This one is probably the closest I guess though.

Safety tech hasn't been a big issue for most of the TSO guys. Fortunatly, the track is a little lenient for them, although one guy was sent home.

We are looking to do something different for this year...I have been in contact with Precision Turbo to see if they are interested in doing a Heads up V6 Turbo class...more details to follow...

I raced at the event several years ago. My thought is the NHRA tech is much to tough. I had to recertify my car, buy a new helmet from the track and allow another person race my car because I did not have a current NHRA license. If you can get the track to loosen up on the NHRA tech rules I will come back. I would also like the event to be moved to Bristol. It is much cooler at Bristol in the summer.

Willard Brown

Not a TSO racer either,I see a couple of posts on location, I know it is always going to be far for a lot of folks but that is pretty much for me too being in TX. I have been a BPG member in the past but not current. I would love to travel but the economy has to get better. I have made the Nats in BG once in 2006 and had a blast but only to watch no car. One of these days I'll make to one of these so keep em going guys.