You can type here any text you want

What chip for me.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I have a dam near stock gn (as you can see) and all I'm goin for right now, is high 12's. Theres several choices on Eric's site, from 91, 92 & 93/94. (i wont go higher than that right now, due to wanting pump gas convenience) Then it asks you quarter mile goals, and intended boost range. Well I thought HE burns what HE thinks is appropriate for your combo, as far as boost. You have a choice?? And what does he do, if the boost range doesnt coincide with the quarter mile goals? Which one does he go off of then, the boost or the q/m goal?

At any rate, how much boost is going to be in my chip, if I want to take my 3600 pound gn down the strip in 12.9 seconds. Shouldnt that question have to come first, before you can pick an octane number? what if you order a 92 chip, with a high 12 second dream, and he realizes that you cant achieve high 12's on 92 octane. Does he send you what you wanted, but with a note saying "hey, this is the 92 chip, but theres no way you can get high twelves outta that octane" or does he call you, to ask you more specific questions?

I burn the chip to match the octane. I like to know that other info so I know what you have in mind, and if it's realistic. I would contact you if something seems way out of wack. The 1/4 mile info I typically assume you're going to put race gas in there and turn up the boost. A pretty much stock car on pump gas and 15-16psi boost most likely will not run 12.9 in the 1/4. Mid to high 13's is more realistic.

Oh ok. Very good, thank you. One more question. If I order one of your 91 chips, but decide to crank up the boost to 20 lbs one day (with race fuel of course) am I losing any benefits from not switching to your 100-104 octane chip when I crank it up?

Oh ok. Very good, thank you. One more question. If I order one of your 91 chips, but decide to crank up the boost to 20 lbs one day (with race fuel of course) am I losing any benefits from not switching to your 100-104 octane chip when I crank it up?

You would lose the benefit of the chip being specifically calibrated for 104 octane (fuel and timing curves). You can make adjustments to the 91 octane chip (using the adjustable features in the chip) to increase timing and fuel, as long as you can monitor A/F and knock as you make changes.

If you can't monitor fuel and knock, then I wouldn't put a race chip in it at all. Leave the 91 chip in there and hope for the best.:biggrin:

Back