What color is your engine painted?

V SICKS

While I have the engine out or my 84 T which is light tan, what other color besides black would look good on the engine? There has got to be some of you that didn't paint yours black? THANKS... mike

I just painted my new engine build a graphite color using dupli color wheel coating that I think is going to look pretty good. The valve covers and dog house are painted with their "chrome" silver color and the two seem to compliment each other. Oil leaks should show up much easier than darker colors.:D
MLH

I think tan (your car) and black (your engine) would go together well.
but my car is black but dont get so excited & do like i did, mines red (which would not look good with tan (your car)or any other color,maybe except a royal blue car) however i thought this out very well and decided everything bolted to the engine would be black so mines not to bad to me, im satisfied with it, the engine builder asked me was i sure?? I said yup he said he'd do it the way i want it then, heres the finished product its not as bright as i thought once in the car, here goes. maybe you could do yours a ceramic aluminum looking color. type in engine pics theres like 3 pages of peoples engines all sorts of colors. I saw a clean orange (chvy) color on one once but i wouldnt get too carried away like this all of the time. look at mine as a big block buick red color the same color the 455 buick wild cat engines were, just call mine baby wild cat or bob cat:biggrin:

Attachments

• EBAY 019.jpg
    EBAY 019.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 932
  • EBAY 007.jpg
    EBAY 007.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 936
  • EBAY 024.jpg
    EBAY 024.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 927
This may sound crazy but I paint them white. Not a bright white, but an off white. I leave aluminum pieces natural or use clear on them.

Another color I've used is a light gray. This was for someone else and it matched the engine compartment and body color.

The reason I prefer lighter colors is to make it easier to work on them. It is much easier to see the block, bolts, accessories, etc. when painted in a lighter color.

RemoveBeforeFlight

That white does seem like a good idea, i never wouldve thought of that , the grey sounds decent too.

Clark6 said:
look at mine as a big block buick red color the same color the 455 buick wild cat engines were, just call mine baby wild cat or bob cat:biggrin:

That BobCat is looking good there Clark!
Can't wait to see it run in Reynolds.
I was going to add red as a good engine color, but I think I may stick with black.
Haven't really made up my mind yet.

I painted my block and heads VHT # SP-140 Cadillac Blue. The timing cover and intake are VHT # SP-127 Universal Aluminum and black krinkle paint on the valve covers. After it's was all assembled, you can't even see the blue...

mine is black and all the bling it really accents it. I Left the intake and all my brackets aluminum color.I have a polished 4 inch intake,tb and plenum,rjc pullies.Then my fuel ral and heater tube are chrome so black make all this bling stand out...

Ford Grey

ford grey

Phil,
Not sure what I like best about your engine: The motor mounts, the headers, the valve covers, the pulleys. No on all of these, it is definately your choice in color. Yopu have great taste.

Oh yeah here is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 757
Phil,
Not sure what I like best about your engine: The motor mounts, the headers, the valve covers, the pulleys. No on all of these, it is definately your choice in color. Yopu have great taste.

Oh yeah here is a picture of mine.

lol... I see

ford grey
househeaders055.jpg

That looks Hot! Any more pics of those valve covers? I just ordered a set from both TA and Champion. Not sure which ones I would like more so I just bought both:mad: That grey looks fantastic tho. That will definately be the color of my motor when something blows up and I take it out.

I like the valve covers you guys run...are they baffled? Where to buy them? sorry for the hi-jack...I like the grey engine block idea.