You can type here any text you want

What color is your engine painted?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Did mine in Grey as well. Looked great on the stand but you can't see it in the car. Jon Hanson

here ya go Brett

Picture023.jpg

more pics in sig link

I had a set of one-off valve covers made up so Im waiting for those to arrive.

I'm just not sure what will look better then the TA's. I'm looking for a subtle sleeper look but that's getting real hard to do. Can't go wrong with the TA's tho.

Black

Mines in black.

1972 Chevelle SS 402 4spd
1979 Malibu Classic 355 turbo 400 12 Bolt
1987 Turbo - T WE-4

Attachments

• 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 014.jpg
    1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 014.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 655
  • 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 012.jpg
    1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 012.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 657
  • 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 015.jpg
    1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 015.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 658
I think tan (your car) and black (your engine) would go together well.
but my car is black but dont get so excited & do like i did, mines red (which would not look good with tan (your car)or any other color,maybe except a royal blue car) however i thought this out very well and decided everything bolted to the engine would be black so mines not to bad to me, im satisfied with it, the engine builder asked me was i sure?? I said yup he said he'd do it the way i want it then, heres the finished product its not as bright as i thought once in the car, here goes. maybe you could do yours a ceramic aluminum looking color. type in engine pics theres like 3 pages of peoples engines all sorts of colors. I saw a clean orange (chvy) color on one once but i wouldnt get too carried away like this all of the time. look at mine as a big block buick red color the same color the 455 buick wild cat engines were, just call mine baby wild cat or bob cat:biggrin:

Buick Red wouldn't look too bad with tan. My Skylark is brown and its 455 is painted red, a little rustier red now though. Here's a pic. I have a better one somewhere in my photobucket that I can't find. That account is getting a little fat. BTW...my T-type motor is that oil color as well.

Simplicity.jpg

Current is just oily and stock with dirt stuck to it... Motor thats getting built is lime green,

I painted my block and heads chevy orange because I put it in my Impala, but once it was installed in the car with all the accessories, turbo, plumbing, etc installed, it didn't make much of a difference because the orange can hardly be seen. Maybe if I go with manual steering, get rid of the abs, get a front mount intercooler, use a champion alternator mount, etc, the orange would be more visible.

Turbo1dr, I saw that on Tom's test car at Champion, twin fuel rails. That will be nice when its all ironed-out. Is that to eliminate the need for 6 huge injectors?
On engine color I'm with Whttype, whatever color helps you find oil leaks, because you will have pleanty of those and black is the worst color to have when diagnosing oil leaks.
Mike
86 GN

Turbo1dr, I saw that on Tom's test car at Champion, twin fuel rails. That will be nice when its all ironed-out. Is that to eliminate the need for 6 huge injectors?

Mike
86 GN

I have a sequential dual fuel system that uses 87 octane and 116. Fully automatic injector switching on-the-fly. Too complicated to go into details here. There's a link in my signature if you want to read about. I've had this system operating flawless since October 2006. Tom's waaaay behind me...lol!:D

GM picked black for several reasons. The most important was that it sheds heat and improves efficiency of the engine. I'd use a dark color but not black because of oil leaks. Orange is the color I prefer myself but buick red is also a good color. Keeps the heat sheding properties but allows you to see leaks better.

VERY GOOD idea , looks cool and different. Purple is one of my favorite colors. you better take that fram off b4 you get scolded like i did.lol. mine was on there for temperary purposes i took mine off after i dropped the engine in the car.

Engine Color

I've always been a fan of buick red...As you can see from the pics of what I started out with when I bought this car in Feb of this year.... YUK...nasty...the after, cleaned and I had the intake powder coated aluminum and the stock valve covers and plenum red. The block is black.

Steve :cool:

Attachments

• DSC02082.JPG
    DSC02082.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC02084.JPG
    DSC02084.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMGA0355.jpg
    IMGA0355.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMGA0357.jpg