You can type here any text you want

What do you S2 guys think of this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Geno,

Great idea! A couple suggestions: Make the X-member/loop work with either a 200-4r, 350 or 400. Make it so it can be used with an inexpensive poly mount or solid mount, make it adjustable (with shims) for front u-joint working angle.

How much $ are we talking about?

Dave

I was think the same thing :)
Has anybody built one for our cars:confused:
You pay $40 or so for a piece of strap steel drive shaft loop that might tear the cheap nut plates out of the body if a front u-joint broke.
My friend had it happen and it beat hell out of the bottom of his car and just ripped the bolt right out of the body. He was lucky the drive shaft didnt dig in or he would have went for a ride. He wasnt going verry fast but still did alot of damage.
I have no idea what people would pay for this?
All tig welded in a jig 1 3/4 bent chrome molly tube maybe even powder coated red like a hoop is suppost to be $125-$150:confused: :confused:

I'd be in for it!
I was looking at making one with room for twin turbo down pipes so I could run true duals!

Originally posted by Turbo231
I'd be in for it!
I was looking at making one with room for twin turbo down pipes so I could run true duals!
<---what he said...I need one w/room for two exhausts. :)

Geno,

I think that if you can keep it under $150 Powder Coated and ready to bolt in, you have a winner.

Losing 10 pounds isn't an easy task once you have taken all the power options and bumpers off one of these cars. I'd pay that much (and did for a mini-starter) no question.

The suggestion for Dual exhaust is a good one. The 455 V8 Regal guys would like that too. Heck, your idea would work on any G-body! Even the Chevy SS boys would like a stronger lighter crossmember......They'd still be a bunch of slugs, but lighter stronger slugs!!

How soon can I get one? I'll place my order now.

DR

Geno,

Good idea, I would be in for one also! I am in the same boat as Kendall, I would also need one for a dual exhaust.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!
Rick Elam

I found this site a while back while looking for ideas on how to do a dual exhaust for a buddies ElCo:
http://www.geocities.com/gforcejohn/

His are $220, no driveshaft loop, and probably aren't as nice as what you're talking about Geno. I wanna say I found a similar product somewhere else, but if so I can't remember where...

John

Back