What do you think, E.T.

SB406

85 T Type 500 plus hp, 500 plus tq, turbo 400 with trans brake 3200 stall 3.42 rear with 275/60 MT drag radials. First going to track in spring of 2008. Let me know what you think. THANKS :confused:

Id hate to guess but your makin your HP at 5760? and torque at 42 somthin

man hard to say i dont think that 3.42 would do ya any good but...always a but

id like to see video when ya do run it though:cool:

85 T Type 500 plus hp, 500 plus tq, turbo 400 with trans brake 3200 stall 3.42 rear with 275/60 MT drag radials. First going to track in spring of 2008. Let me know what you think. THANKS :confused:

If you can get the car to hook you should run a high 10 to low 11.
The HP numbers see conservative for a small block, what is the combination?

I think your general description is vague. More info on the setup would bring a more accurate guess. Theres more to it than HP and torque numbers that your probably not too sure of either if it hasn't been dynoed. I know v8s and turboed v6s are two totally different animals. What works for one, doesnt mean it will be the same for the other. A friend of mine is building a Monte SS with a 383 stroker, plenty of high performance parts to be around your HP levels. I think his and yours will be around the low 12's with the right suspension set up. You may want to re think the gear for a v8. Im not knockin you, just sharing some experience I've seen.

yeah numbers i stated above are for the most part in general. with a 406 where you'll get your peak hp at like 5600 somthin and torque at like 4250 or so, thats just off top of my head but its a numbers game from there to find your best gear ratio, friend of mine ran a 406 / 4.11 gear, i dont remember what his best time was but he always caught a fish that was this
<----------------------------------------------------> big

The motor was built to be a street/strip setup with most of its time spent on the street. The wife and I love going to midwest events with the car. This is why a pump gas freindly motor with less than 600 h.p. . All old school, flat tappet, aluminum heads 64 c.c. 200 port,2.05/1.60 valves roller rockers, stud girdle ect. ect. Good internals very solid and dependable. Makes peak power and tq. at under 6000 rpm. Will most likley stay with the 3.42s for drivabillity. Rear has lowers with relocation brackets,edelbrock uppers,stock springs 3 way adj. shocks,aburn pro moser axles,arp studs,summit cover w/girdle. Built turbo 400 w/trans break. Just your standard street car for most of us.:rolleyes:

dyno or seat of the pants 500 hp

dyno=low 11s @120s :biggrin: seat of pants = 13.5 @102:mad:

The motor was built to be a street/strip setup with most of its time spent on the street. The wife and I love going to midwest events with the car. This is why a pump gas freindly motor with less than 600 h.p. . All old school, flat tappet, aluminum heads 64 c.c. 200 port,2.05/1.60 valves roller rockers, stud girdle ect. ect. Good internals very solid and dependable. Makes peak power and tq. at under 6000 rpm. Will most likley stay with the 3.42s for drivabillity. Rear has lowers with relocation brackets,edelbrock uppers,stock springs 3 way adj. shocks,aburn pro moser axles,arp studs,summit cover w/girdle. Built turbo 400 w/trans break. Just your standard street car for most of us.:rolleyes:

Id consider at least 4.10 gears and optimally 4.56/4.88 and a 200 4-R OD trans. That will drop your et's a bunch without touching the engine. My guess would be high 11's unless you throw more gear in it and optimize the suspension. If you could get the 60' in the high 1.40's you will be running low 11's. I dont think you will go much faster than 1.65 60' with the current setup. 3.42 rear and 2.48 1st is a lousy final drive in first for a NA engine imo. If you went to 4.56 and the 200 with a 2.76 first you would pick up a lot of torque in first and still have a final drive less than you do now with the 3.42 final drive. You will drop 33% in OD with a 200-4R

Thanks for the input. I have thought about a gear vendors overdrive for next winters project. I have a couple of friends that are street rodders with high h.p. motors running this setup now and they all love it. THANKS

Just thought I would mention that h.p. and t.q. numbers are off of the engine dyno, no guess work here just facts. Thanks again for the input, an old guy who has not been down the track for quite some time.

Thanks for the input. I have thought about a gear vendors overdrive for next winters project. I have a couple of friends that are street rodders with high h.p. motors running this setup now and they all love it. THANKS
A 200-4R would be a more effective option imo. GV is not overdriven as much. I believe its 22% and you will need a shorter driveshaft. The 200 is 33% overdriven and you will gain over 10% in 1st (2.76:1 vs 2.48:1) where you need it. It wont cost anymore either since the GV is $2500:eek: . There are plenty of guys on here who would be happy to build you a strong 200-4R for the same price or less as a GV installed. Not to mention you could sell your 400. The only downside is the converter wont spline onto the 200. Id still go with a 200 though. You will save weight and gain performance over the 400/GV setup.