You can type here any text you want

What gages are you using?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
I was thinking of running a boost gage, fuel pressure guage and audible knock gage in a 3 pod Apillar mount for tuning in conjunction with my Turbo link.

Any thoughts?

Where can I find the 3 pod A-pillar. Thw only ones I have found are two pods

Is that chillicothe Illinois?

If you run a mechanical fuel pressure gauge inside the car you need to run an isolator which goes for about $100. I run Autometer Fuel and boost gauge mounted on the dash, these are 2-5/8" gauges. Got to watch the stupid bulb in the fuel press gauge if you push it in too far the damn thing interferes with the (bourdon?)tube, and makes the needle stick. Other than that I like the gauges.
I have never ran a knock gauge d/t running a scanmaster. I dont know but some people say they are kind of flaky. They say they will show knock that the computer never saw. I dont know this from experience but you might want to ask around.
I believe on www.gnttype.org there is instructions on how to make an audible knock alarm. Maybe if you could only run 2 gauge pod you could run boost and fuel gauges. Then make the audible one for like $5 and stick it up under the dash???

Good luck: Jason

Low-tek made a three guage pod,but I just went looking and could not find one.You may have to call and see if they're still making them.Here's the web addy www.gaugepods.com there should be a number on the site.

I've got the 3 gauge a pillar w/ boost, air/fuel, and electric fuel pressure gauge. I got my pod from Jack Cotton a few years ago, I just was in there and he had one hanging around, not sure where he got it from. It fits nicely, and works good in conjunction with a scanmaster and directscan when needed. Here are some pictures: http://www.geocities.com/murt.rm/tta.html
~Murt

No, it is Chillicothe Ohio

I decided to go with the knock for caspers and a Boost guage from Autolite and use the 2 guage pod.
The fuel I will install out under the hood. The electronic fuel guage was $189 new... I can come up with some many beeter ways to check it that to have to pay that much.

I have been using all the factory gauges, I put in a boost gauge before I took the motor out but all I needed was a scanmaster.

While shopping for my TTA a couple years ago, I ran across a TTA with a two guage pod mounted above the rear view mirror. The pod was plastic, and mounted with a very "stock" look in the vicinity of the trim for the T-tops. Looked good there, but I have no idea where it might be available. :)

Back