What GM vehicles had a 3 bar MAP?

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Going to a couple different parts stores tomorrow. Which vehicles had a 3 Bar MAP that will work on a GN? Would prefer plug and play

Thanks

Part number 12223861. This is the number on my 3 bar MAP which came with my Razor kit. Good Luck. Brad

When and why do you need a 3 bar map ?
Ignorant newbie needs to know...:redface:

Thanks

1 bar = 10 lbs of boost

2 bar MAP can only measure to 20 lbs of boost, when you run more boost than that you need to upgrade to the 3 bar MAP. ;)

1 bar = 10 lbs of boost

2 bar MAP can only measure to 20 lbs of boost, when you run more boost than that you need to upgrade to the 3 bar MAP. ;)

Actually, not quite.
0 bar = 0 atmosphere = (14 InHg vacuum)
1 bar = 1 atmosphere = (0 lbs of boost/vacuum)
2 bar = 2 atmospheres = (14-15 # of boost)
3 bar = 3 atmospheres = (28-30# of boost)

stuff in parens are the terms we use on a daily basis
etc.

Actually, not quite.
0 bar = 0 atmosphere = (14 InHg vacuum)
1 bar = 1 atmosphere = (0 lbs of boost/vacuum)
2 bar = 2 atmospheres = (14-15 # of boost)
3 bar = 3 atmospheres = (28-30# of boost)

stuff in parens are the terms we use on a daily basis
etc.

:(

I've been wrong for years, so business as normal. So it's based off atmospheric pressure alone? I have never used the bar calcuation, it's a lot easier just going of pounds of boost. :D

ok I new the pressure measurement deal, but how does it work in the car. Does the ECM use MAP to adjust fuel ? I thought the MAF did that ?
So if you go over 2 bar ~15 psi do you need a 3 bar ?
If so what else needs to be changed along with the MAP sensor transducer ?
Thanks

ok I new the pressure measurement deal, but how does it work in the car. Does the ECM use MAP to adjust fuel ? I thought the MAF did that ?
So if you go over 2 bar ~15 psi do you need a 3 bar ?
If so what else needs to be changed along with the MAP sensor transducer ?
Thanks

In the stock setup, the MAP sensor is only used to run the boost gauge and it's a 2 bar. Which is adequate because that's all the higher the stock boost gauge goes to.

MAF controls fueling.

You wont need a 3 bar unless you're going to go speed density with a different ECU and dump the MAF.

Thanks !!

In the stock setup, the MAP sensor is only used to run the boost gauge and it's a 2 bar. Which is adequate because that's all the higher the stock boost gauge goes to.

MAF controls fueling.

You wont need a 3 bar unless you're going to go speed density with a different ECU and dump the MAF.

MAF controls fueling.

As stated above I am going to speed density. Checked a few parts stores. No one had the 12223861 in stock, and they wanted 98.95 for it??? I will just buy one online.

check out Full Throttle. I think they are $70 there. Not sure though. But they sould have one on the shelf for you.

ATM vs lbs

1atm or atmosphere = 15psi. When we inflate a angioplasty balloon in a persons coronary artery we use a calibrated indeflator/inflation device very accurate. The outer ring is atm's and the inner ring is equivelent psi. We talk in atmospheres and in the medical record will record balloon inflations at atmosphere/ATM it's universla in the medical reecord. So as soon as I let the balloon down I will let the recorder know how many ATM and how many seconds ballon was up and what vessel. When we deploy a stent we usually deploy at higher pressures(12-18 atm) to make sure stent is good and planted into the vessel wall. Sometimes we need to post dialate and we will take a non compliant balloon to 20ATM and that is 300psi, I usually tell patients that we took that little 3mm balloon to 10x's the pressure in their cars tire. Then they understand how high a pressure we used.

1atm or atmosphere = 15psi. When we inflate a angioplasty balloon in a persons coronary artery we use a calibrated indeflator/inflation device very accurate. The outer ring is atm's and the inner ring is equivelent psi. We talk in atmospheres and in the medical record will record balloon inflations at atmosphere/ATM it's universla in the medical reecord. So as soon as I let the balloon down I will let the recorder know how many ATM and how many seconds ballon was up and what vessel. When we deploy a stent we usually deploy at higher pressures(12-18 atm) to make sure stent is good and planted into the vessel wall. Sometimes we need to post dialate and we will take a non compliant balloon to 20ATM and that is 300psi, I usually tell patients that we took that little 3mm balloon to 10x's the pressure in their cars tire. Then they understand how high a pressure we used.

man, what if that balloon pops at 300 psi in a patients artery? would their hearts boost more? i.e higher blood pressure? on that matter, since higher oil pressure in a car is better than low pressure, why is the human body not the same? If my blood pressure was just a little higher,,, dang!!!:D

that was a serious explination there chavo! made me want to turn on the hit show House:D

Hi guys,
The only reason Buick used a map sensor on our vehicles was to function as a sensor for the various boost gauges used.I don't care if you are talking GN,GNX or TTA. Actually, the GNX used an analog gauge,so I assume they didn't even need a sensor. The TTA had a bonified 3 bar map sensor, but that was only to accomodate the 20 psi boost gauge they had.The GN used that sorry 15 psi linear gauge, which all of us hated,and that used the 2 bar unit.

One final piece of info on three bar MAP sensors. A three bar MAP sensor is needed in order to operate the Razor Alky inj. system. Thanks- Brad

Turboelky

Well if a balloon ruptures you hope there's not a dissection . When they do rupture it's because the plaque is hard as a rock. Most balloons have a rated burst pressure/RBP and you try to not go over RBP rated in atmospheres. If there is a dissection you stent(SS laser cut slotted tube that expands to size of the vessel. It works like internal scafolding/casing keeping the vessel patent/open.

Well if a balloon ruptures you hope there's not a dissection . When they do rupture it's because the plaque is hard as a rock. Most balloons have a rated burst pressure/RBP and you try to not go over RBP rated in atmospheres. If there is a dissection you stent(SS laser cut slotted tube that expands to size of the vessel. It works like internal scafolding/casing keeping the vessel patent/open.

I should have went to college, wait,,,,, I should have finished elementry:D
i'm going to call you Dr. Chavo!:cool:
sounds complicated, but i'm sure there's a method to the madness!