You can type here any text you want

What happened and is it still usable?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i may be wrong, but it look to me like it has at some stage thrown a leg out of bed.
and it had impacted on the bore.

has seen similar damage on a few desial motors i have stripped down.
where it has either over revved or taken in water.

thats just my 2 cents.

whichever numbers all the internet sites say to use to decode it- this was almost 2 years ago when i decoded everything. there is a big "SG1" cast into the side of the block on the driver's side- the first time i saw it , i was all "cool, Jack, Sam, Dan, and Teal'c made my motor". then i found out that it had nothing to do with the tv show Stargate: Sg1, and i felt a little let down.

Reason I asked was, It was my understanding that the SG1 blocks were replacement crate motors around the 86-87 time frame and later. I didn't think they were around way back to 81.

I received my...

SG-1 in 1991 when an injector stuck open and washed the cylinder wall.:eek: Fortunately I still had insurance on it thru the dealership.:biggrin:

I may be off base, but I believe the SG1 cast on the block signifies Saginaw Foundry #1 where the block was cast.

looks like the Buick "SG1" block is every bit as rare as a 70's 350 Chevy with "010" cast into the side of it..

Back