You can type here any text you want

What happens to driveability when...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
... you have the boost sensing cable in place of the MAT sensor? My truck stumbles bad and idles like cr@p when it goes closed loop. After it's hot, if you shut it off, then restart after > 10 minutes, you have to sit and feather the throttle until it goes into clsoed loop for it to stay running (stalls).

An experiment: does it run any better when you take the boost sensing cable off and put everything back to normal? :) Not to be a smart ass or anything :)

I never noticed my GN running any different when I had the boost sensing cable on it. As far as what happens, your ecm will be seeing the MAT jumping around as manifold pressure changes. Depends on your chip I think whether or not the ecm makes any adjustment based on that.

John

It shouldnt make any difference.

Originally posted by S10xGN
... you have the boost sensing cable in place of the MAT sensor? My truck stumbles bad and idles like cr@p when it goes closed loop. After it's hot, if you shut it off, then restart after > 10 minutes, you have to sit and feather the throttle until it goes into clsoed loop for it to stay running (stalls).

Are you sure you have a 3 bar sensor?.

John: it seems like I've tried that, but my memory is unclear, so maybe I'll do it again to be sure (getting old sucks!). :rolleyes:

Bruce: I'm pretty sure I've got a 3 bar, but what difference would it make to the idle quality? And how could I tell for sure that it is a 3 bar sensor? ;)

Back